Chapter 23

Jenny's POV

"Fûck off, you asshole!" I yell at a certain someone.

"Stop yelling at me and listen!" Peter shouted back.

We've been at it all morning since we woke up, and what caused this? I don't even remember, I'm just so pissed at him right now.

"My feet hurt, I'm not doing the fûcking laundry! You do it, you have magic." I replied, walking away towards my tent. He teleports in front of me stopping me from going towards my much needed destination.

"So do you, practice your powers it's important." He crosses his arms in an authority manner.

"Yes Peter, because one day during a battle between me and God knows who, I'll just have to whip out a laundry basket filled with dirty laundry and wash clothes in front of my opponent. That will so have them terrified." I sarcastically say.

I hear him let out a exasperated sigh and hear him mumble under his breath. Try me bitch and see if you're still able to mumble by the end of the day.

"What was that? I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over your stupidity." I mockingly put my hand to my ear to listen closely to what he's going to say.

"I didn't say anything-"

"You obviously said something under your nasty ass breath!" I cut him off.

"Oh really? Fine! I said no wonder you lost all your friends." He yells at me with anger in his eyes, then a second later, regret.

"I didn't mean to-" He starts to say but I once again don't let him finish.

"You didn't mean it? Just like you didn't mean to kill my father? Like you didn't mean to have everyone turn on me? Like you didn't mean to make my life a living hell?" Tears start to build in the corners of my eyes but I quickly blink them away.

"And the reason why I lost my friends is because of you but you're too stupid to realize that." I finally say then walk off into the forest as bad memories begin to fill my head and as Peter shouts my name from behind me.

---
2 years ago in high school
---

Jenny's POV

I sit in a different seat than where I usually sit, around my friends and around people. These past couple of days after my father's death has been hell.

I don't like people anymore, my mom hates me and is becoming a drunkard, and I'm depressed. What's the point in putting up a front in front of people to let them know you're doing okay when you're really not.

If I want to sit around and mope all day, I will. I don't like being fake with people and I don't like them being fake to me, it's too tiring.

"Hey Jenny! Why are you all the way over there? Come sit with us!" My friend, Daniella called. I shot her a deadpan look and shake my head, declining her offer. I look back down at my desk reading the immature graffiti written on it.

Not soon after someone sits beside me, moving the desk closer to me. I don't bother to look up because it's obviously Daniella.

"Are you okay? You've seemed down in the dumps lately. Don't even try to say you're fine, I know you're not." She says with concern in her eyes.

I tear up as I remember past events that I longed to forget, I blink rapidly and feel my tears slip back behind my eyes. Should I tell her? I hate the pity in people's eyes though, and if I tell her it will go around the whole school and... No I can't tell her.

"I'm fine, it's just that me and my mom aren't getting along right now." It's not really a lie my mom for some reason hates my guts. Just last week we were having fun at the mall doing regular mother-daughter stuff, then she turns on me. It's almost funny how things change over a few days.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that-" And there goes the pity.

"Are you really though? Cause I hear people say that all the time and I know they don't really give a shit! Are you being fake with me?" I spat at her.

"No of course not! Why are you accusing me of such things? I'm your friend I'm here for you." That's such a bullshit response.

"Oh spare me! You're so full of sh-" I almost insult her but I'm interrupted by the bell.

I roll my eyes and realize that the whole homeroom class was listening to my outburst the entire time-- Even the teacher. Nosey pricks.

I stand from my seat and throw my bag over my shoulder, looking at Danielle. She looks at me, tears watering her eyes with hurt and embarrassment. I regret yelling at her but she's better off without me, everyone is. As much as I wanted to hug her and apologize, I walked out of the room ignoring the hateful glances being thrown my way.

Better off without me.

---
Present day in Neverland
---

Jenny's POV

Tears stream down my face as horrible memories of losing close ones plague my mind, kind of like a nightmare. I sense another powerful being approaching who I know is the infamous Peter Pan.

"Jenny, I know you're here. Look, I'm so sorry for what I said, I was just so mad a-and it was just stupid okay? Please forgive me." Peter pleads as he stands near the hole in the tree where I'm hiding. I stay silent and ignore him, placing my head in between my knees.

I hear shuffling then I feel strong arms wrap around the crease of my knees and on the small of my back. I don't bother to struggle since I'm exhausted from all that crying anyway, and I missed his warmth.

While he mumbled his sincere apologies the whole walk back to camp, carrying me bridal style, I couldn't stop my drowsiness from taking over my body.

I soon feel the familiar mattress come in contact with my body as Peter lays me down gently. He climbs in with me and I half-consciously lay my head on his chest. As I drift to sleep, I think I hear him say,

"Be my Queen of Neverland someday, Jenny."

Yeah, I'm definitely imagining it.