Jelly In A Jam

"Um, hey Debbie." I called to get her attention as I walked out of the elevator and over to the lobby counter.

"Oh, good afternoon Matthew." she smile over the counter. "How did your tour of the school go yesterday?"

"It went great." I didn't want to go in to detail. "I was just wondering if you could keep an eye out for a package for me. You see my school uniform should be delivered here soon so I would really appreciate it." I asked her.

"Oh sure I can. Don't even worry about it, as soon as it's delivered I'll bring it to your room."

"Thank you." I told her with a relieved smile. "Uh, and one other thing. Do you know where a good grocery store is?"

Debbie reached under the counter and pulled out a small folded up paper. When she opens it up on top of the counter there was a small map of the town.

"So here's where you want to go," Debbie grabbed a bright red market and circled one of the locations on it. While telling the directions to me she drew the path I needed and turns I would take on the paper as well. Once the marked up paper was finished she handed it to me.

"Thank you so much Debbie." I turned to walk out the entrance of the apartment building.

"No problem. Just be careful and don't get lost!" Debbie really does come across as the mothering type to me.

How in the world I'm I gonna get lost? You just marked every little thing down on this! I have more of a chance getting lost in the store then I do walking there.

I smiled back at her and waved before stepping out of the door.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Eggs? Check. Milk? Check. Cereal? Check.

I was mentally going over my list in my head. I had most of what I needed in my cart already. Just a few more items and then I can go back home.

As I Was going down my list I found I still needed bread, jelly, and Raman.

I immediately found the Raman in the isle I was currently in. I placed it in my cart and made my way to were I saw bread before, just three isles over.

The jelly shouldn't be too far from the bread right?

After getting the bread I saw that all the other sandwich ingredients that were in jars were on the end of the isle. As I Was looking for the jelly I saw mayonnaise, jam, peanut butter, etc. But NO jelly.

As I continued my search I finally saw one jar of jelly. And to my disappointment it was on the top shelf.

I sighed as I began a vein attempt to reach it.

"Oh come on!" I mumbled out. I was on my toes and the tips of my fingers were just grazing the shelf.

Grrrr! Why are you so against me shortness!

As I was becoming extremely annoyed with the situation I saw a hand reach from over my head and grab the jar. It then lowers the jar in front of my face. I took the jar with both hands. I turned around to see the jelly grabber.

I knew he was going to be tall but when I turned around I was shocked. He was VERY tall. Like nearly seven and a half feet. And he was broad too, and well toned to boost. His 8 pack could easily be seen through his black tank top. He had dark crimson hair that almost reached his shoulders and made his bright honey colored eyes shine brightly.

My head only comes up to the middle of his torso, I feel like a mouse standing next to him! Darn my smallness!

"T-thank you...." I looked away in embarrassment.

...

He didn't say anything. He didn't move. He just stood there.

I feel so awkward right now!

As I was heading to my cart he spoke up.

"You look..... Familiar...."

That voice. It sounds similar to someone else's. Deep and smooth.

I glanced at him. Looking him over quickly I he seemed really laid back. But I didn't recognize him.

"N-no, I've never seen you before." I told him

There was a small tug at his lips, like he was resisting a smirk. I saw him look me up and down before looking in my eyes.

".... so short...."

I stiffen up at that. He turned and walked away, picking up a small bag of granola bars and sport drinks.

"What the hell is with all these guys and being so tall! I'm not THAT small! Just compared to them I am!" I grumbled to my self as I left with my cart to the check out.

~~~~

When I got back to the apartment building I saw Debbie. She smiled.

"They look kinda heavy. Do you want some help?" She asked pestering to the six bags of groceries in my arms.

"Uh, nah I got this. Bit thanks for offering." I returned her smile. I was warming up to her, I'm not stuttering like before.

I heard her mumbled an 'if you say so' as I made my way to the elevator.

"Oh, Matthew!" She got my attention as I was about to step inside the metal doors.
"I forgot, your package you were talking about came. I already sent it up for you."

She said as the doors were closing.

I hurried a quick thanks before the doors closed entirely and cut us off.

I opened my apartment door and went to the kitchen to put my few groceries away. Afterwards I walked over to the couch with a coffee table in front of it. On the coffee table there was the package.

I smiled as I picked it up and hugged it to my chest.

I was finally in. I was going to the school where dreams came true.