But I Can't Cook

The teacher of political philosophy rambles on and on. During the lecture I felt their eyes on me. The same judging eyes that were in the last three new classes I was in. All the students looking at me with malice. I can feel the target on my back. They all must be thinking awful things about me. But my new council position had them bitting their tongue.

Or at the least, in front of me. Thankfully this was my last class of the day.

I looked to the front of the class where the president sat, typing away on his laptop like usual. Each new class I was in had a council member in it. My second class was Neuroscience. Oliver was in it with me. My third was an advanced Math class with Ace. And here I am now with Colten in a political class.

'How did I end up like this? Oh yeah! I sold my soul...'

I'm not gonna lie, I'm super stressed out about these classes. I mean, I'm not completely stupid, but I'm not a genius either. Everything I know it's because I studied hard, and although I don't mind studying, I feel the anxiety of wanting to do well and not disappoint anyone. Especially the council who have done so much for me. 

The president said so himself, whatever I do will reflect on them. If I fail...

I shudder at the thought. His cold eyes briefly flashing in my brain. I think all this stress is bringing on a headache.

The bell rang. The teacher dismissed everyone and  I picked up my things and started to head out the door. I'd have to start packing my things up tonight. Or at least what little I unpacked. Most of my stuff was still in their original boxes. I'd be moving into the dorms tomorrow morning. Its a Saturday so I can take it easy while moving.

"Collinski."

I turned around to the president. "Y-yes?"

He reached into his blazer pocket and pulled out a key card. It was attached to a thin chained gold lanyard. I saw a few students, who were still in the class room, jaws drop slightly. They dare not say anything though, they wouldn't want to challenge their precious  president. 

"So you can actually get in to the dorm tomorrow. Always wear it."

"O-okay. Thank you." I took the card out of his intimidating hand. Everything he says, he says with so much authority.

Guess it comes with being the young CEO of daddy's company.

"Good." With a look at his watch He let out a sigh. He headed straight through the hall way.  Students seemed to make a path for him and part like the ocean. I quickly gathered my stuff and headed back to the hotel to pack up what little I had out. They told me someone would be there in the morning to help me bring my things to the dorm.

~~~~

"Hey kiddo, how ya doing?" Debbie leaned over the counter as I walked in.

I sent her a small smile. "Tired" I told her honestly.  My brain still hurt from all the information from my new classes. Seriously, my head was pounding.  All I wanted to do was crash onto the bed and take a nap.  I walked over and pushed the call button for the elevator.

"Long day, huh?" She asked as I waited by the elevator. "You have no idea." I sighed.  I wonder if I should just go to sleep and pack in the morning.

"Don't be so sure. I remember when I went to that school all sorts of crazy stuff happened. all kinds of scandals too."

That caught my attention. "W-w-Wait- You went to the school? T-that school?" I asked her. I didn't expect that. How did she go to an all boys school? Not to mention she's too nice compared to the kids that go there now.