The Deal

The death stare Casper gave me made me feel like a mouse in a tigers cage. Impending death was sure to come at any moment.

"C-c-casper," I swallowed the lump in my throat. "W-what do you want?"

Casper came to a stop about a foot away from me, his height intimidating me further. His angry eyes burning a hole in me.

"Tell me the truth. How did you get in here?" His voice was gruff.

"I-i already told y-yo-"

I jumped as he banged his hand on the wall next to my head. I started shaking like a leaf against the angry wind of an Autumn​ day.

"No! I want the truth!"

My eyes started to tear up. My lip quivered. I didn't know what he wanted to hear. I had already told him the truth. What else was there to say?

Casper's eyes looked straight into mine. I saw something in them for a brief moment before​ he closed them, letting out an sigh as He exhaled. His hand fell way from the wall by my head and he took a step back. Casper straightened up and looked back down the hall he had came from, eyes still glaring. I was glad that they were not on me anymore.

"You..." he started, but stopped. He looked at me, eyes still sharp, but not as accusing and hard as before. He seemed to be thinking. "Look...You really didn't get in this school without some kind of catch?"

A catch? What in the world was he talking about?

"C-Catch?" I questioned. I don't understand.

His hard stare still burned into my eyes, searching for an answer. When he never found one he looked away again, biting the inside of his cheek.

As he was about to say something, the bell rang, stopping him. Students started to flood the halls. The door to my class and many others opened like flood gates, kids poured out of them.

The hallway was quickly becoming crowded. Using this as a perfect cover to escape from Casper momentarily, I pushed though the people, trying to get through the door.

Trying to get through the waves of bodies in the hall was futile, I could barley take more then a step or two in one direction. For such a big school and big hallways, there sure was a lot of student traffic.

Suddenly I felt a tug on the back of my sweater collar. Casper had grabbed me.

"Ah! H-Hey!"

Without saying a word, Casper walked/dragged me to our class room. The others in the hall avoided him at all costs, even the teachers that were walking by! It was like the waves of the red sea parting for Moses.

Instead of the 15 minutes it probably would have taken me to get through the class, we were there in two.

Casper dropped me after fully entering the empty classroom and walking to our seats. He dropped his stuff to the floor by his chair and sat down, looking ahead as if he didn't just carry me like a mamma lion through that hall.

I stared uncomfortably for a second, worried he'd attack out of nowhere. After a few seconds I took my own seat, slowly as not to provoke him.

"Look," I nearly jumped out of my seat at Caspers's voice behind me. "I didn't mean to scare you. I just thought... "

Was he trying to apologize?

"I wanted information. That's all." I turned slightly in my seat to look at him, but froze again after seeing his
glaring eyes. Though I don't think the hate in them was directed at me. He seamed to be looking down a bit, eyes not meeting mine.