Fight or Flight

He drugged me?

Oliver drugged me...

...

OH MY GOD! OLIVER DRUGGED ME!

I couldn't believe it! Why would he do that? I mean, I heard him say why but, why?

To tell you the truth I felt panicked and scared but it's strange. I only feel that way... Emotionally? Mentally? Which ever, but my body on the other hand was completely relaxed and numb.

Oliver was leaning over me with a smirk. He's eyes held amusement.

"I can't understand how you even got in without knowing about this. Actually, I can't believe you got in at all."

"O-Oliver, wh-what are you even talking about?" My god I even sounded drugged. My voice came out weakly with a bit of a slur to it. My tongue felt numb too.

He chuckled a bit and lowered his head down to mine. He never lost the amused look on his face. In fact, it look like it grew.

"You see newbie, this school isn't meant for common folk like you. Every single student that goes here is someone important. Their families are powerful or famous people. That's why this school is so big. And why it can afford so much."

He had a full out grin.

"That's why everyone here sees you as an outsider. Its because you are one. People can't just get into this school, it has certain requirements. Requirements that you don't meet. Honestly it a a mystery how you're even here. That whole scholarship thing? No one's ever heard about it before. This school doesn't give out scholarships. They aren't allowed to let commoners like you in. Yet, here you are."

I wanted to say something. I wanted to ask. But whatever he gave me made my mouth too numb. I couldn't seem to get my voice out.

Oliver stood up from the bed and placed his hand on my head. He brushed some of the hair out of my eyes.

"Sorry to tell you this but your pretty much doomed to be bullied by everyone. Your a walking low class punching bag and trust me, they will take their stress out on you."

He started walking to the door. He stopped once he opened it. When he looked back the sight scared me. All amusement was gone. His face was emotionless. His eyes sent shivers down my back. He just starred at me for a moment.

"The drug. The numbness will wear off in five minutes. But it will keep you relaxed for the about an hour."

"Try not to get eaten alive." he threw over his shoulder as he walked out, Shutting the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stretched my arms over my head. The drug finally wore off and it felt like I had just woken up after a nap. My nerves were settled and my head wasn't aching with over whelming thoughts.

But what Oliver said was still rolling around in my head.

I'm different. I don't belong here. That's why everyone here acts so strange. It makes sense now. But if all of what Oliver said was true then how was I here. I finally understood why everyone was shocked about a new kid.

They wanted me to leave. Maybe I should. No one wants me here, I can see it in there eyes.

No.

I wasn't going to let this bother me though. I worked too hard to make it in to this school. I could handle the bullying. I'm used to it. All through my years in public school I was bullied because of my looks. No one's going to stop me from reaching my goals. I will become part of the student council so I can live a successful life.