Insurance

... huh

"I-I'm sorry? What?" I questioned. looking at the two in front of me, then back at Oliver behind. "Y-you mean... y-you three payed f-f-five t-t-thousand..." Oliver nonchalantly walked around my form, entering the gazebo.

"Of course! You had no money, so someone had to pay the transfer fee." Oliver said as he took the seat on the other side of the president.  He sent me a closed eyed smile as he crossed one leg over the other.

"B-but, I didn't ask- I-I didn't know..." I just couldn't wrap my brain around this yet.

"He told you before didn't he?" I heard the deep gruff voice. My head snapped to the sleepy giant. Both of his eyes closed. If it wasn't for him speaking I'd think him asleep. "It costs to be on the council." 

"True," Oliver cut in. " We did mention something like that. Most members buy their way through." Oliver took a sip from a tea cup. 

'Where did he get that?'

"However, because of your... circumstance, we payed your way through." Oliver finished with another grin. "You'll have to work hard to pay us back."

"e-eh?" 

I couldn't come up with words. I mean, what am I supposed to say to that? I felt my shoulders sag, my bag slipping off to the ground.

"B-But I had specific classes that I intended to take.  I wanted-"

"The classes that we picked out for you are essential to your place in the council." A strict voice cut in me off. It was the president, though he didn't stop what he was doing and didn't even look at me. " It was you who wanted to join the council, and we bent the rules for you. But just being in the council isn't enough. Don't forget, your a poor commoner in a very expensive school for the upper class.  The classes that were picked out for you will help you immensely to become a perfect, respectable member. Remember, how you do will reflect on us as well." His cold voice had a little bit of bite at the end.

 Listening to the president just made my head spin even more.  I feel like this whole school is just one roller-coaster after another. 

I looked at the other two for conformation that this was all true. Oliver with his usual smirk, and Ace, who had finally sat up. They just sat there, not saying otherwise.

"Now, how about a 'Thank you'?" I looked up to see the molten gold eyes of the president starring intently at me, sharp as ever. I felt a slight shiver go down my spine at his intimidating look.

Thank you? He wants a thank you? A five-thousand dollar thank you?

I swallowed the lump in my throat."T-Thank you..." I managed meekly.

After a moment he finally broke the intense stare, going back to whatever he was doing before. "You should go prepare for morning classes. First period starts soon."  His voice held a kind of dismissing tone. 

"Yeah... " I picked up my bag. "I-I'll be going then." My voice was just a meek as before.  I took off to my first period class.

_________________________________POV CHANGE_______________________________

I sat there with Colten and Ace, watching our cute gofer run off. 

"How cruel, Colten." I sent him my usual smirk. "Saying such lies to a sweet, innocent kid."

"There not lies. If he's in our classes, they will benefit him." he spoke calmly.

As if he could keep up with our classes. That's like throwing a kitten in the middle of the ocean. we've been learning this kind of stuff for years. Oh well. It doesn't matter too much. we can always just pay off the teachers if we need to. They won't care if a person like him fails or not. Dimwitted students do it all the time.