Headache After Headache

I sighed with relief. My shaky legs finally got a rest as I took a seat in the cafeteria. I was at an empty table all by my self and I was thankful for that. I didn't want any attention right now. I couldn't focus on the strangers staring at me. I was too absorbed in my thoughts about my first two periods.

I still have no idea why everyone reacted so strangely after telling them about what my parents did. Or why the scary Casper guy blew up on me. I nearly wet my self after I saw him sitting in my second class. I'm just thankful that none of the students or the teacher asked me any questions like before.  Casper thankfully left me alone for the most part. Besides burning two holes into the back of my head that is...

After the bell rang for lunch I bolted out the door as fast as I could. And now I'm sitting here, still getting some weird glances from the students who pass by. 

Just what the heck is going on?

I placed my head in my hands as I calmed my self. I felt someone sit down at the table beside me.  I jumped in fear it was Casper. My head whipped up to see green eyes.

"Yo, whats up new kid?"

"O-Oliver!" I stuttered in surprise. It was then I noticed that anyone who wasn't looking at me before was definitely looking at me now. I must have caught their attention when I spoke.

Oliver straddled the seat so he faced me. he lazily had his chin wresting in the palm of his hand as he leaned on the table. He had a devilish smirk on. 

"Having a good first day?" He asked coyly.

I groaned as I rested my forehead on the tables surface.

"That bad huh?" He asked with a chuckle.

"You don't know the half of it." I sighed.

Wait a second, maybe he does! 

"Y-you wouldn't happen to know why everyone's been staring at me all day would you?" I asked.

"Sure do!" He had closed eyed smile with a huge grin come over his face.

So he does know!

"Really? W-why then?"

"Well, to put it simply your, um, ... Special in a sort of way."

Huh?

"S-special? How am I-I special? I-I'm just a normal student just like everyone e-else here."

Oliver just blinked at me for a moment before snorting and laughing at me.

"Hahaha! Oh boy, I'm afraid you got it all wrong. You see, when I said 'Special' I really meant 'Normal'."

... What... Isn't that what I just said?

I wanted to scream at him. I thought he had answers but he just made my confused head even more confused. My hands came up to the side of my head to run my temples to calm down the headache I felt coming on.

"Jee, Oliver, thanks for clearing that up." I said as I got up to leave. "I think I should find the nurses office. Maybe she could give me some aspirin for the headache I'm getting."

As I started to walk away I was yanked back by a grip on my wrist.

"Wa!"

I lost my balance and fell back into a chest. I looked back and saw Oliver. He was now standing and he still had his hand wrapped around my wrist.

"Sorry Newbie. You miss understood me. I should have clarified."

"Oliver what are you talking about?"

Honestly the longer I talked to him the more confused I was getting.  He sighed. He dragged me out of the crowded cafeteria and into the hall.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"You wanted aspirin, right?"

I nodded. After a short while of walking we got to what looked like a nurses office. Oliver finally let go of my wrist.

"Hello?" I called as Oliver shut the door behind us.

"She's not in here." he said as he made his way to the left of the room. He opened up a few cabinets. Probably looking for aspirin.

I took this time to look around the room.

The nurses office was all white with a small office and desk to the left. There were cabinets and a counter with a two sinks along the left wall where Oliver was. To the right was a bathroom door that was open slightly. Two hospital beds with those pull curtains were connected to the right wall. There was a huge window that took up the entire back wall. I walked over to look out of it and saw a huge garden right out side on the schools ground. Beyond the garden was a maze with talk hedges for walls.

"I didn't know this school had a garden like this." I mumbled.

"There's three." Oliver said catching my attention. He was walking towards me with a paper cup of water and two pills in his hands.

"Thank you." I took the pills and cup from him. I took them in one gulp and tossed the cup into the trash.

"Why does the school have three gardens? Isn't that a little too much?"

Oliver chuckled. "The gardens are memorials for the three families that helped fund the money to build the school. There's another by the sports fields on the west side of the school grounds. And the third is by the student dorms on the south side. Its right outside the student council's private dorm."

"Oh." I looked back at the garden.

All of a sudden my vision blurred a bit and I felt dizzy. I stumbled and fell. Before hitting the floor Oliver's arm wrapped around my shoulders while the other hooked under my knees.  He lifted me up and carried me to one of the hospital beds.

"You know lollipop, you really shouldn't be so trusting. Just saying." Oliver said as he lay me down.

"Oliver, w-what did-"

"Relax." he said as he sat on the edge of the bed and looked out the window. "The one pill really was an aspirin to get rid of your head ache. The other was just a pill to calm you down. I saw how stressed and tense you were." He chuckled a bit. "My intention wasn't to drug you but, hey, this works." 

He faced me with a coy smile. "Now that your relaxed I'll tell you what's the real deal at this school."