What to do

A couple minutes go by with me just sitting, leaned over with my face in my hands. Why did he do that? Was he that hungry for some sugar? If so why not go get some candy instead of licking it off of me? It wasn't even a little lick, he nearly swallowed my fingers. Thinking over it again I couldn't help the shiver that ran down the back of my neck and to my toes. Was it from disgust? It didn't feel like it. Although the gesture was unsanitary and strange, it made me feel a weird fuzzy feeling inside. One I haven't really felt before.

I removed my hands from my face, it was still flushed red with embarrassment. My poor sandwich was still sitting where I left it. My appetite I had earlier had wondered off while I was mulling over my thoughts. I knew it would return when I calmed myself down. With a sigh I picked myself up, taking my food with me and walked over to sit in front of the Tv.

I had a bad habit. Whenever I ate food by myself I always had to watch something while I ate. I think it's because I missed my family meals. I missed sitting down at the table and sharing stories of how our day went. I needed some kind of white noise while I ate. It helped relax me and hopefully it would distract me from what just happened.

I flick on a game show and started to pay as mush attention on it as I could. By the time I ate my sandwich I was too into the show to get up.  I watched as one of the families competing clapped and said 'Good answer!'...  It was not a good answer... But I enjoyed just sitting and not doing anything for once. The whole time I've been in this town I've been unpacking, re packing, working on homework or paperwork. This is the first real down time I got.

Before I knew it another hour had past. A knock on the door had pulled me from the screen.  I flicked the TV off before answering the door. I wasn't too surprised to see Oliver at the door.  He did say he would be back after lunch.

"I'm back! Did you miss me?" He smiled with a small head tilt. 

"Y-You weren't gone long enough to miss."   I rolled my eyes at his antics. It was then I noticed something in his hand. It was a plastic bag with something in it.  

"Aw, don't be like that. Look, I even brought you a present." He said raising the bag.  I took it cautiously.  It felt weighted. Something heavy but not too heavy.

"I-Its not the maid outfit I hope." I joked.  I moved aside to allow him into my room. He walked over and plopped himself on the small sofa I had previously occupied. 

"No, unfortunately that won't be delivered until later." He crossed his legs and rested his elbows on the back of the couch. "It takes time to get quality imports here on campus."

Okay, he's going a bit far with this joke.

"Go on. take a look at what I brought you." 

 I took a seat on the chair near the couch. Reaching in the bag I pulled out a book. It wasn't just any book, but a cook book. A decently thick one.

"You seemed so nervous about it. I thought if you had something like this to rely on you'd feel better. Besides, Its no different from studying really." Oliver piped in as he reclined his head on the back of the couch.

I started to flick through the pages. This book had everything from breakfast to dinner. It even had a dessert section. I know I was really stressing about cooking when I first heard I was going to be the cook, but it was so nice to receive this. Like Oliver said, its no different then studying for school.

 But that wasn't it. It wasn't about the book or recipes, but that he made an effort to settle my nerves.

"This actually makes me really happy."  I looked at him as he raised his head. "Thank you." I smiled genuinely at him. 

Oliver seemed to tense up for a split second before turning away from me. "I-Its no big deal." He stood up. His face looked just the tiniest bit flushed. "Go a head and pick one out for tonight.  Ace should be back in time to help you."

I couldn't help but remember my interaction with Ace in the kitchen earlier. Nor how we last parted ways. My face immediately turning a bright red in embarrassment.

"O-oh- okay. H-he r-really doesn't n-need to help i-if he doesn't w-want t-to!" I can't imagine facing him yet, much less having to cook with him.  "I-It's not that big of a deal."

Oliver looked at me questionably. Not like I could blame him, after all I had already asked if Ace would help me earlier and now I'm changing my mind.

"Did something happen?" He asked. 

"U-um, no? not really." I lied obviously, and he knew. He gave me a raised eyebrow look and I sighed. "I-I just... made a sandwich... and a mess... But don't worry, I cleaned it...w-well, m-most of it... Ace l-c-cleaned the rest." My face felt like it was on fire. There was no way I could tell him what actually happened in detail. I'm sure it's not even that big of a deal, I'm just working it up, but still. 

"Hmm." Oliver looked deep in thought. "I didn't know Ace was home earlier. Oh well." he made his way over to me and took my face between one of his hands, pinching each cheek with his thumb and fore finger. He smiled down at me.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Your just too cute for your own good. I can't help myself." he gave a little test squeeze before letting go of my face and moving his hand on top of my head, giving me a little pat. "Don't worry. whatever happened, happened. no use in worrying about it." 

Oliver then took his hand off and moved to the door.  "Pick something easy for dinner. If you need me, I'll be in the lab on the second floor. See you later!" With that he sauntered out the door, closing it on his way out.

Oliver had a point. I shouldn't linger too long on what Ace did. Like I said before, I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. We have to live together now so theirs no avoiding him either. I guess its better if I just pretended nothing happened. Might as well ask him for help. But first I better figure out what I'll need help with.

I reopened the cook book and started flipping through the pages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) Yeah this chapters short and sweet.  I'm just kinda winging this book with a outline of where I want it to go but I hope ya'll are enjoying my weird thought process.