Part 32

Liam POV:

The man had helped me out of the soil about an hour later. It turns out that being buried for a period of time increases the rate of healing. This place is definitely much more foreign than I ever thought and now that I died I could feel some of the magic in the atmosphere. 

Once I had been dug up I was invited back to the man's village. It was very simple; everyone worked to get food onto the tables from the very young to the very old. All of them were excited to see a stranger in their midst and I found their way of life very interesting. It was probably much healthier than the lifestyle I am used to; not that I could live like them for a long time. 

I was given a new set of clothes from the man that had buried me, his name I discovered, is Joshua. His job is the grave digger of the village. It was very disturbing to find out that all the people around me had been buried by him at least once as they had delighted in regaling to me in an amazing amount of detail. 

The youngest, a girl around four, had taking great joy in telling me about he forays into the nearby forest. I was glad that she said she made it home in time for dinner as otherwise it would have been slightly freaky. The looks I got from the adults as she told her story however, had me wondering about how safe her return had actually been. 

This world is so different from my own; somehow it existed between Earth, in a different plane. I find it hard to explain just how strange this experience is for me, sitting and eating freshly baked bread while discussing the different ways the people around me have died and he various situations they had come back to life in. I was suddenly very glad they had found me before I had awoken with one of those creatures on top of me. 

With the conclusion of dinner I was led to a small hut at the centre of the village, usually reserved for their visiting dignitaries. It was an honor but I was too tired to care for anything but the inviting bed in the middle of the small room. 

" Sleep, tomorrow you shall travel with a group of our best fighters to ind your friends." A woman, Sasha, said smiling serenely. 

"So you shall." Joseph nodded "Sasha has explained your plight and we have decided to lend a hand to find this Grace of yours." 

"Thank you," I stammered out, overwhelmed by their generosity. They had already done so much for me. 

With a nod, they left me to my sleep.