•One•

(Violet)

Looking around at the very familiar house seeing pictures of my the golden child herself. Elena Gilbert my younger sister, always getting the attention, getting everything she wanted. Then there was Jeremy, he was a troubled child, indulged in drugs and alcohol ever since our mom and dad died. I am the older sister of Elena and Jeremy, my name's Violet Gilbert, 21 years old and I look nothing like my parents or my siblings in which I have blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Oh my god!" I heard a familiar males voice as the front door opened. "Violet!" I was soon wrapped and consumed in a big bear hug. He's changed from the drug, alcohol addict , gloomy and sad 15 year old Jeremy to happy, smiling 16 year old Jeremy.

"Jeremy.." I hugged him back, "you're taller! Already?! I have to go on my tippy-toes to hug you!" I pulled away and looked at his big browns eyes.

"Aww!!" he rested his elbow on my head, I groaned in annoyance but giggled after a long groan. "Suck it up buttercup" He smirked. Buttercup! He knows I hate that nickname and yet he always calls me that.

"Buttercup!? You know I hate that nickname!" I shock my head, "Charlie Brown" I smirked.

"No!" he whined. "I thought we were passed that!"

How I came up with that nickname, well... One afternoon when Jeremy was like 4 we were watching Charlie Brown together when he ran out side and fell over, mud was all over his face and then it clicked. I started calling him Charlie Brown and he's hated it ever since.

Just as I was about to say something when I heard a loud sigh coming from the front door. "Elena." I turned to face her.

"Violet what are you doing here, no one wants you here" she closed the door and pushed her way passed me as she walked into the kitchen.

"Elena, I'm done arguing with you okay! I'm done!" I sighed, following her to the kitchen.

"You can't just come back from being away for 3 years and think everything going to be alright! How do you think I felt when my own sister wasn't there to help me with mom and dad huh? Oh that's right you don't! Where were you?!" she spat back, everything she said was right, I should've stayed but I didn't.

"I know you must be pissed, more then pissed but please know that if I could replay that moment I would've stayed." Tears pooled in my eyes, threatening to spill out at any moment but I fought them back.

"Oh I'm more then pissed. Violet." she sneered, a tear fell from my eye rolling down my cheek and landing on my hand. I inhaled sharply and wiped away the tears, she wants to be bitchy. Fine i'll be bitchy too. Before I came back to Mystic Falls I got some details on what's been happening with Elena and Jeremy. And I found out a lot changing my vision on everyone, I became a believer.

I followed her upstairs and into her room, "how's the Salvatore brothers?" I leaned against the door frame and crossed my arms.

"How do you know about them?" She frowned.

"Oh you must know that I know a lot, I know that Stefan and Damon are vampires, Tyler Lockwood's a werewolf, Caroline is a vampire, oh and don't forget little miss Bonnie who is a witch. I know you're the Petrova doppelgänger and you were used as a sacrifice to break Niklaus's curse so he is now the Original Hybrid. I know a lot, I'm not a dumbass Elena" I smirked, she sat on the edge of her bed shocked. Before she could say anything I walked off shutting her door and walking downstairs.

"Violet is that you?" I heard a voice from the lounge room, Bonnie Bennett.

"The one and only! How are you Bonnie?" I smiled, she ran up and hugged me. Bonnie has been like a little sister to me, I'll always be there for her.

"Better now you're here, what brings you back to Mystic Falls?" She lets go of me and smiles.

"I decided to move back, I haven't been here lately and I feel bad" I looked down, I wish I would've stayed but I didn't.

"Yeah Jeremy was thrilled when he found out you were moving back." We walked into the kitchen, I looked up to see a man, blonde hair, broad torso. "Who's this?" I frowned.

"Oh sorry I should introduce you to him, This is Alaric Saltzman, Elenas and Jeremy's guardian." Bonnie introduced.

"I'm Violet." I reached my hand out and he shook it.

"Are you a Gilbert?" He asked.

"Yes I am, though I look nothing alike to my parents. I'm the eldest." I smiled, he smiles sheepishly.

We talked for a little bit Alaric filled me in on all the gossip ands what's been happening, our conversation was broken when someone knocked on the door. I walked over and opened it, a dark brown hair, greyish-blueish coloured eyed, taller then me and athletic build guy stood in my vision.

"Who are you?" He asked, looking up and down while frowning.

"Violet" I say, "I'm Elena's and Jeremy's older sister. You must be the famous Damon Salvatore."

"The one and only" he smirked, how can Elena like this thing, it makes me sick to the stomach. Another man came out from behind Damon, this guy had brown hair and grey eyes. "This is--" i cut him off.

"Stefan Salvatore, I know that you two are vampires." I crossed my arms. They looked at each other and ten looked back to me.

"Is Elena home?" Damon quickly changes the subject. I nod and move out of the door way and motion from them to come in. As they walk past me I grab them by the shirts.

"You hurt her and I will kill you, don't think I don't know how because I do and don't try that little mind control stunt." I sneer and let them go, they both went upstairs and into Elena's room.