•Three•

(Violet)

Waking up to a very annoying beeping noise coming from a small box on my bedside table. Smacking it so it would shut up, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. Getting ready for the day, I got dressed into white lace dress that went down to my knees, white pumps and some jewellery. Walking into the bathroom, I curled my blonde hair and put it up, I put foundation, mascara and clear lipgloss on. Once I was satisfied I grabbed my nude coloured bag and walked downstairs.

"Morning!" Jeremy smiled showing little chunks of cereal between and on his teeth.

"Morning everyone" I smiled and grabbed a apple.

"Where are you off to?" Alaric asks.

"Decided to go out into Mystic Falls" I shrugged my shoulders, I said my byes and walked out of the house. Walking down the street taking in my surroundings, seeing some familiar faces. Entering Central Park I look around, smiling at most people that walk past.

"Violet May Gilbert?" I turned around and saw a very happy Sheriff Forbes.

"Sheriff!" I ran up to her and hugged her, Liz Forbes has been like a second mom to me.

"How many times have a told you to call me Liz?" She laughed.

"Many times but it's a habit of mine" I shrugged, she laughed before kissing my forehead.

After talking for a little bit she had to go back to work. "Oh and before I forget. There is a founders Ball coming up this Thursday night and as you are part of a founders family you, Elena and Jeremy are invited." She smiled.

"I will definitely come." I said, we said our goodbyes and walked off. I made my way into the Mystic Grill.

"Matt Donovan" I frown looking at a blonde hair man who was placing dirty dishes into a container.

"Violet Gilbert" he turned around, a huge smile spread across his face I am soon wrapped in his arms.

"How's it going little bro" I laughed.

Just as he was about to answer his boos yelled at him to get back to work. Hugging him bye he went back to work and I went back out on the streets.

"Violet" Elijah walked up behind me, a smile appeared on my face but quickly made it disappear as I turned to face him.

"Elijah. What brings you here?" I asked.

"Came to have a look around the very famous Mystic Falls" he looked around. "Will you accompany me?" He asked, I nodded and linked arms with him.

"I know what brings you to Mystic Falls, you wanted to kill your brother" I said as we walked through the park.

"Yes I wanted him dead but I changed my opinion." He sighed.

"Mmhmm." I raised an eyebrow but kept looking straight.

"I made a vow to Niklaus and Rebekah, always and forever" he said.

"I know how you feel, trying to fix a damaged family. Elena and Jeremy after losing our parents, I had to be strong for them but I left Mystic Falls leaving them to grieve on their own." I looked down to the ground.

"But you're here now" he stopped walking and looked at me.

"Yeah, yeah I am. Though I'm not very wanted here" I sighed when I remember what Elena said to me last night.

"You should know you are always welcome" he smiled and continued to walk not unlinking our arms.

"Are you try to flatter me Mr. Mikaelson?" I smirked, truly I felt flattered and stopped the heat forming at my cheeks.

"Well wouldn't you like to know?' He smiled, "Ms. Gilbert, I have heard news that there is a founders ball this Thursday night, would you like to accompany me to the ball?" He asked.

"I would love to accompany you, Mr. Mikaelson."I smiled.

"Please Mr. Mikaelson is my fathers name, call me Elijah" he says before sitting down on a bench. I sit down next to him.

"Well, Elijah, tell me about yourself" I suggested, crossing my legs and turning so I was facing him.

"There's not much to tell, my family have been on this earth longer than anyone" he says, "tell me about yourself" he added.

I sighed, "well.. I am 21 years old, I am 163cm tall and not telling you how much I weigh because well you know. I am a Virgo and my favourite colour's pastel purple, is that enough?" I asked.

"Mmm..." he scratched his jaw, "yes it is."

I smiled, "how does it feel to be the oldest creature on earth?" I asked, "did you ride to school on dinosaurs? T-rex Taxi service!" I giggled.

"No we didn't have dinosaurs." he paused.

"Please tell me how you became a vampire" I asked/demand.

"In the beginning, our family was human. A thousand years ago now. Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts of magic, we were actually just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to so so. And, for better or worse we were happy. This is, however, until one night, our youngest brother was killed by our villager's greatest threat. Men who could transform themselves into wolves during a full moon. Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger. Thus, the first vampires were born. But with this speed, this strength, this immortality, came this terrible hunger. No one felt this hunger more than Niklaus. After killing his first person, it came out. He was different, not only did our mother have a child with another man but with a werewolf. Niklaus wasn't just a vampire but a werewolf too, the witches called upon their magic to cast a spell that would keep his werewolf side dormant and bound it in the moonstone." He said, I sat there listening to every word completely amazed by it all.

"That's quite the story" I managed to say after a minute or two in complete silence.

"I have only one question to ask." he said, I nodded for approval. "Nearly no one knows about my family, how did you know my name, how did you get all that information?"

I smirked and looked at him, black veins showed up under my eyes, fangs came out and my eyes turned a red. "You should know, you are one" I smirked.