5. Unchangeable

Penelope, who was eighteen years old, was shaking her head furiously as she heard her father's orders.

-"I can't do that Papa! Why am I supposed to marry a regular Bucur man?!"- she cried out as she looked at her father with desperate and confused eyes.

Ninteen-years old Stela had been married off to the son of one of the pack leaders and who also was a werewolf. She found it unfair that she had to marry a regular guy.

-"Why Papa?! Why!"- she kept demanding her father for explanations.

-"We cannot force the boys from the pack "- said Dan as he looked up at his angry daughter. "I had even given you the chance to at least fall in love with someone and you didn't even accept the suggestion! Now that you are in the age of marriage you are telling me that I cannot marry you off?"

-"But Papa...!"-

-"No buts! The Bucurs have always assisted our clan even by force! It's a tradition that they are given the chance to marry one girl from the Lupu clan! You are lucky enough it's a good man. You have my genes, Penelope. You might have wolf kids too"-

Penelope shook her head and ran off from her father's office while Dan simply sighed. The second daughter was the hardest to please. Everything had to be her way, otherwise she would be complaining until it was done so. The thing that worried Dan the most was the fact that her daughter had let herself be a vessel for jealousy and greed ever since Dacia had been said to posses wolf blood.

Penelope made it to the front door and hit the frame while she panted. She looked up and saw her little sister Dacia coming back home from training. Penelope simply smirked and walked towards her sister.

-"Hey, Pen!"- said Dacia cheerful as she saw her elder sister.

Thanks to her constant training she was unable to see her sisters as often as she did back then. Penelope simply frowned and slapped her with all her strength across her cheek. Dacia was shocked. She didn't understand why was her sister acting that way, but Penelope didn't care if she understood or not. All she needed to do was vent it against her. Without a care in the world Penelope pushed Dacia and began hitting her. Dacia tried to avoid her sister's punches, but Penelope was so determined that she kept hitting her. Dacia had no other choice but to fight back. Both sisters rolled on the ground punching each other while pulling their hairs. Penelope fought in a more girly way than Dacia, who had been used to fight roughly like a boy. They even teared off some pieces of clothing here and there while they kept hitting each other and almost even biting one another.

Dorin was walking back to the manor when he saw them both on the ground fighting. His eyes grew wide as plates and he ran towards them to try to separate them.

-"Hey! Hey! Stop it! What's wrong with you, Daci?!"- cried out Dorin as he tried to stop them, but Penelope simply pushed him away.

Rodica, who had heard the commotion from inside, ran towards them and helped Dorin separate Penelope from young Dacia.

-"Pen! Calm down, Penelope!"- said Rodica as she pulled Penelope away from Dacia.

-"Daci!"- said Dorin as he pulled Dacia along with him.

Dacia's face was covered with bruises, her hair was all filled with weeds and leaves while Penelope's nose was bleeding, her dress had holes here and there and she even had smaller wounds on her arms and face. Both of them looked at each other enraged.

. . .

-"Do you even know the commotion you two caused?! What's wrong with you?!"- scolded Dan as both girls stood before there father back in his office.