10. Bomb

Dacia and the young pack had to go back home. The vampires were increasing in number and one of the boys even lost his life in the process. The body was places on the ground covered with a white blanket while Dan's eyes observed it still in shock. The boy's father, with trembling hands, uncovered the corpse's face to confirm his identity. While trying to maintain a serious look on his face, years also rand down his face. Indeed it was his son, he quickly covered the boy back and he was immediately taken away to be burned. The man cried in silence as his son was taken away without even being able to have a proper burial. His som was just fourteen years old and now his life had ended at such an early age.

The packs watched the body burn as all of them tried to hold as much as possible all of their feelings. The boys simply burstes out crying or simply shedding tears while Dacia sniffed trying to maintain her composure just like her father. She was crazy to cry her heart out, but she was certain that her father would scold her even for that. After that, she headed inside the manor an into her father's office. She was greated by a slap across her face by her angry father.

-"I told you to ask for help when necessary!"- Dan shouted as Dacia stood there in silence looking at the floor with a reddened cheek. "How can you already lose people on your first expedition?! I told you to not get carried away!"

Dacia bit her lower lip as she heard her father's harsh words. If only he knew that they were coming back home when they were forcibly scattered and the boy was attacked by two at the time and who ran off deeper into the woods in an attempt to ditch them, but got into a trap. She wanted to scream out those words at her father, but she was certain that he wouldn't even listen.

-"Its a miracle that Vali didn't get involved since he had come back!"- said Dan.

-"Father...coming back home we got ambushed and he had scattered off as soon as he was attacked by two"- said Dacia between her teeth who couldn't hold it much longer. "Vali was sent to tell you more or less the location of the first mass attack".

Dan's eyes grow wide as he listens to his daughter give him the details with such anger darkening her eyes.

-"Did you really think I'd be that heartless as soon as I assumed that position?! Do you really think I was going to believe I was all mighty?! Are you insane father?! "- said Dacia between her teeth.

Her father takes a step back as soon as he looks into the fierce- looking  mismatched eyes of his daughter. She had her brows frowned and her hands clenched into fists.

-"Is it my fault that there was an ambush?! We ran back there to try to save him!"- cries Dacia as tears sprout from her eyes.

Her father realizes her sincerity and sighs. He plops his hand on her head and shakes his head as if giving up. She did not know about her sister's death yet, but now she had to deal with a close death anyways.

. . .

Dacia smiled as she had the baby between her arms. Liviu, the Stela's son, looked so tiny between her arms. The baby took hold of her pinky and held it tight. Dacia giggled as she felt the baby's small and soft fingers gripping on her own. Rodica takes the baby again and placed him inside the crib in their parents room. Dacia looked at the baby in awe while still giggling to herself.

-"He's adorable, isn't he?"- said Rodica.

-"I could eat him right now..."- said Dacia almost sighing.

-"Dacia!"-

-"Not literal, Rodi! By the way, where's Stela? I thought she might've come with Liviu. How come I haven't heard anything from her?"-

Rodica went pale as soon as Dacia asked. She quickly turned around and tried to avoid the question.

-"Let's leave the baby for now. I think its time for his nap"- said Rodica as Dacia tilted her head and followed her sister out of the room while giving one last glance at the room and then left.