17. Identity

3rd POV

Dorin's eyes were wide in shock as his father stared at him speechless. Neither was able to say a word while Dacia simply tried to maintain her composure. She was the Alpha after all, and even if she often said that she'd beat someone up, she rather try to keep things respectfully unless it got out the line.

-"Everything okay?"-asked Dorin's father with a stutering voice.

His slightly wrinkled eyes had caught a bad tic of how hard he tried to keep himself calm. Dacia simply stood before Dorin and smiled.

-"Hi there, Mr. Bucur. We were just coming back from our stroll. Did we startle you?"- said Dacia trying to lessen the tension between the father and son.

The man drops his shoulders.

-"Ahh...You scared me for a moment, miss Alpha. I thought something had happened to one of our own and that you had taken your time to find a way to inform me about it. Or that maybe Dorin would be sent away to some faraway mission or something"- said the man while sighing in relief.

Dorin slowly drops his shoulders as he sighs in exasperation. He felt his blood running again and the tension finally leaving his body.

-"Lemme get ya kids some water then. You must be thirsty"- said the man as he rushed to the kitchen.

Dorin sighed again as he let himself fall upon a chair. He laid his head on the wooden round table as he closed his eyes and breathed in and out a couple of times. Dacia sat right next to him and laid her head down as well to his direction.

-"You alright, Dor?"- asked Dacia while he smirked and then slowly opened his eyes.

-"Still in the mood to give kiddie-like nicknames?"- he said trying not to laugh.

Dacia sighed in relief as she softly poked into one of his dimples.

-"My friend...I envy you"- said Dacia while slightly pouting.

-"Friend? What are you envious about, my dear miss?"- said Dorin as he looked at her straight in the eye.

-"I think these are adorable"-

Dorin laughs at her cute way of saying she's jealous because she had no dimples. He took her hand and kissed her fingertips.

-"You always make me feel at ease. What would I do without you?"- he said smiling at her lovingly.

-"At ease? I thought I was a pain in the ass"- said Dacia sarcastically.

-"Well...that's back then when we were kids. You were such a hassle. Do you know all the trouble you got us into?"- he joked while she simply gigled.

. . .

The man had taken too long with their water and it had became quite worrying.

-"Is your father okay?"- said Dacia with a serious look on her face. "I don't want to doubt him, but he seems very suspicious."

Dorin knew she was right and he couldn't argue with that at all. Sighing he stands up and takes her hand. They had began a search and it had led them there. Now that they were in the place they should revise it properly. Both Dacia and Dorin walked into the kitchen where the man had supposedly headed to, but there was no sign of him at all.

Dorin's POV

My father was nowhere to be seen. Our suspicions were growing more and more as we recalled his reaction from earlier and his sudden disappearance. Even though I am his son, I have never searched his bar.