21. Humans & Vampires

Dacia Lupu sat on her bed while a doctor came to check on her. The doctor wasn't even sure about the cause for the sudden changes in the colour of her eyes.

-"I can't really tell why its like that, Mrs. Lupu. For what I can notice, it might not influence your health"- said the doctor a little ashamed and then left the room.

Dorin quickly sits next to his wife a little worried.

-"Are you really alright?"- he asked while placing a hand on her cheek.

-"I am."- she answered him in a reassuring voice.

He simply pulls her against his chest and sighs in relief.

-" I thought something weird might happen to you. I was reminded of the day those vampires bit you"- said Dorin.

-"That's it!"- said Dacia while looking up at her husband. "You said my eyes were changing yellowish, weren't they? Isn't that the colour of vampires?"

Dorin gently pushes her away and looks at her worriedly.

-"Dacia...why do you sound excited about this?"- he asked in a hoarsely tone.

-"I'm not happy about it. I'm just saying it might be some repercussion about that incident. I don't know...maybe I could be some sort of weird hybrid or have vampiric influence in me"-she said.

-"Don't you say that. If that were the case you wouldn't even stand yourself"-

-"Huh?!"-

-"I heard that for vampires, wolves are stinky"-

-"Really?"-

-"Geez...Alpha, you still got things to learn"-

-"So...I'm really stinky then...?"-

-"Huh?! No you're not"-

-"But...if I'm a weird mix now...doesn't that mean that I'm even stinkier now?"-

Dorin can't stand it any longer and bursts out laughing while Dacia simply stared at him with innocent eyes. He placed his hand on her head and smiled lovingly at her.

-"I'm just glad you're okay. If that really doesn't affect you at all...Then, I'm fine."- he said while rustling his wife's hair.

Dacia looks at him back lovingly and nods.

. . .

Dacia was in the meeting room with the pack. She was reading some reports they had made during the time she took off for honeymoon. She frowned as she almost broke one of the reports.

-"Victor. What is this?"- she said looking up at the 19 year old wolf boy.

-"What's wrong with my report?"- he asked a bit confused. " I just reported the truth."

Dacia clicks her tongue and stands up.

-"Follow me"- she orders Victor.

They walk down the hall while Victor tried to understand what had gotten into the alpha all of the sudden.

-"Liviu taken by some hooded person away at night? And you didn't follow them?! "- she finally broke the silence.

-"I did! I can't just go into that forest alone, can I?"- said Victor.

-"He's just a little kid. What's wrong with these people? Was it a scent you recognized?"-

-"Vampires maybe..."-

-"Maybe?! Ugh!"-

Dacia dashes down the hall. Liviu, her nephew had been taken away from his father at night and Victor had just reported it in.