9. Keeping misunderstandings

-"Beta?!"- almost shouted Penelope as soon as she heard about the news of her sister's ascension.

She laid back against her sofa as she tried to understand the whole situation. For some reason she found the vampire attacts too suspicious. In addition to that, she wanted to fully deny that her sister was unable to transform, but she had Dorin as a witness and he was supposed to never lie to the alpha. He was one of the few lucky Bucurs with a very important position and this one required all honesty possible since it meant the life or death of the youngest Lupu Daughter.

Penelope slowly closed her hands into fists as she tried to stay calm. She smiled at the messenger and thanked him. Penelope had tolerated so much and now she had to have even more patience. The messenger left and Penelope let out a long sigh as she shook her head in pure disbelief.

-"Bitten by a vampire and then promoted to beta? What's with all this? How could she actually transform into a wolf?"- said Penelope a bit frustrated as she massaged he temples.

Her husband, Julius stood behind her and massaged her shoulders as he smiled sweetly at her.

-"My wife, isn't this great? Your sister became Beta. Your family has provided a grandious event to be written in history"- he said trying to comfort her and make her see what wonderful news those were, but Penelope wasn't that happy about it at all.

She had gotten mad when she heard that her sister reacted to silver and that she possibly even had wolf genes. Now everything seemed to be worse.

. . .

Dacia was training with the other youngsters. Despite being beta, she still needed training and more experience to be able to fulfill the rest of her new duties. The other boys moved aside as soon as she past by with Dorin. She felt confused as she noticed everyone looking away.

-"What's wrong with them?"- asked Dacia to Dorin who was tying to contain his laugher.

-"They are just ashamed, Daci. Look at them. All of them feel guilty after bullying you so much and always tell you that you wouldn't be able to transform"- explained Dorin.

Dacia sighed and kept walking. She really didn't mind if they bullied her or not. She had just gotten a tittle, but she was still on their same boat.

-"Don't get any ideas of treating me with extreme respect. If you never showed it, why do it now? Simply treat me as one of your own"- said Dacia as she turned around and looked at them with her eyes filled with excitement.

The other boys all looked at each other confused by Dacia's words and all nodded. Dorin chuckled knowing that Dacia was certainly someone with weird ideas. Training began with their typical run. To everyone's surprise, Dacia did not transform, but rather kept running in her human form just as she had done so for all those years. What amazed everyone was that even in her human state she was able to run in front of everyone else with ease. The mentor even dropped his things as he saw her running calmly ahead of the rest of the boys. Dan stood next to him.

-"What do you think?"- he asked the man.

-"That daughter of yours was breaking the records last time without even being a wolf. And now that she's not even in her wolf state she is faster than anyone else"- he explained while stuttering. "I think that girl took her human body to the next level in order to keep up with them"

Dan nodded pleased.

. . .

-"We must do something about those vampires!"- said one of the Delta as he hit the table as hard as he could with his fist.

Dan shook his head still I'm disbelief that his daughter and Dorin had been assaulted by the bloodsuckers.

-"They showed up in Hoai Forest. Maybe they are hiding there?"- said another man.