Chapter 3 ~ Family Stuff

I want to really have Ryley go into her past which means she'll be doing some research on how her parents died and what her real last name is.
Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------

After two weeks at McKinley, on a Saturday, Ryley sat in her room at her desk. LeRoy and Hiram were on a business trip and Rachel had left last week. 
Since Ryley was home alone, she went onto her laptop to do some research about her parents and how they really did due.
She took out the photo from her pocket of them. It's a bit ripped but she can still see their faces; her mom was a brunette with sparkly green eyes, a little array of freckles of her nose and a great smile and her dad was a black haired man with blue eyes and a little stubble. In her parents arms, is her as a new born baby and they're sitting in the hospital. They look in their late 20s at the time. The date on the back says '11th October 1997'.
With a tab opened on Facebook, a message pops up from Blaine saying;
What's up?
LeRoy and Hiram are away so I'm chilling at home alone
Ryley replies.
Do you want me to come other to keep you company? Blaine asks.
Ryley is reluctant to reply with a Yes. Blaine has become a really good friend. Probably her first proper friend that is actually in the same school as her. All her friends at the orphanage were like 5 years younger than her.
I'll be over in 10 Blaine replies then is off Facebook.
Ryley types into Google 'UNFAMOUS DEATHS IN 1997-98'. She knows that died only a couple of months after she was born. After scrolling through some of the pictures and names, she still can't find anything that attracts her attention.
The doorbell rings and she goes to answer it. Blaine stands there with a grin on his face.
"Hey Anderson." Ryley says.
"Hey sort of Berry." Blaine says.
Ryley steps out of the way for Blaine to enter.
"So what have you been doing?" Blaine asks.
"I've been doing some research on my birth parents." Ryley says, starting to go upstairs.
Blaine follows her upstairs, "Really? Found anything yet?"
"No. All I have is the photo that was left with me when I was left at the orphanage." Ryley says, entering her room with Blaine following her.
"Can I have a look at the photo?" Blaine asks as Ryley sits at her desk.
"Sure." Ryley says, picking up the photo where she left it on her desk. Blaine takes the photo from Ryley and sits on the edge of her bed, studying the photo. Something about the man reminds him of someone he knows similar features. Could they remind him of a friend? A relative? Someone random off the street?
"Have you found anything?" Blaine asks Ryley after he's being look at the photo for a bit.
"Yes," Ryley says, smiling at Blaine, "I found them."
Blaine gets up and looks over her shoulder at the images on the screen. There's the same woman and man from the photo. Something in Blaine's mind suddenly clicks when he sees both of them.
"Uncle James?" Blaine mumbles.
"Who?" Ryley asks.
"My Uncle James. That is my Uncle and he's my dad's brother. He died when I was three and so did his wife, Sarah." Blaine says, pointing the images.
"My parents are your uncle and aunt?" Ryley asks, her eyes widening.
"Seems that way." Blaine says.
Ryley looks back at the computer, "We should probably talk to your parents and then we can find out more information and I can get some more information about so I can know what they were like as people and what they wanted me to be when I was older..." Ryley begins to ramble.
"Ryley?" Blaine asks.
"Yes." Ryley says, looking at her friend, now possible cousin.
"You are spiralling." Blaine says.
"Sorry." Ryley says.
"Come on, we're going to my place." Blaine says. He pats Ryley's shoulder and exits the room.

----------------------------------------------------

The two arrive at the Anderson House and go inside. Ryley feels so nervous. She's actually meeting family. Yeah, Blaine is apparently her cousin so she's already met him.
"Well, here it goes." Blaine says as he reaches for the door knob to open up the house. He opens it slowly and Ryley takes a few deep breathes before following Blaine inside.
"Nice place." Ryley says to Blaine as she looks around.
"Thanks," Blaine says to Ryley then he calls out, "Mom! Dad!"
"Yes honey." Mrs Anderson says, rushing into the living room where Ryley and Blaine are. She's a very beautiful woman with dark hair like Blaine and blue eyes. Mrs Anderson stops at the sight of Ryley then calls out for her husband to come into the living room.
"What is it, darling?" Mr Anderson says. He also is a reasonably good looking with dark hair and hazel eyes like Blaine. He has glasses on and the sight of Ryley, he removes his glasses.
"Mom, Dad, this is Ryley Berry. She's new to town since LeRoy and Hiram Berry adopted her two weeks ago." Blaine says, gesturing to Ryley who just waves.
"She's the perfect mix of James and Sarah." Mrs Anderson mumbles to her husband.
"Agreed." Mr Anderson mumbles back.
"Hi." Ryley says with another wave.
Mr Anderson speaks up, "Ryley Anne?"
"Anne's my middle name? That's alright." Ryley says.
"You were never told your middle name?" Mr Anderson asks.
"Or my last name." Ryley says.
"Ryley Anne Anderson." Mrs Anderson says.
"Well, I've recently been adopted by the Berry's so by law, I am Ryley Anne Berry." Ryley says.
"To us, you'll always be an Anderson." Mr Anderson says.
"Why did I get left an orphanage when I was only a couple of months old?" Ryley asks, wanting answers.
Mr and Mrs Anderson look at each other with sort of nervous looks. Mr Anderson then speaks up, "No one knew what to do with you. James and Sarah's car crash was a complete shock for all of us."
"Blaine was three at the time. Why couldn't you have taken care of me since you already had a young child on your hands?" Ryley asks, raising her a voice a bit.
"Every time anyone saw you Ryley, they cried. You are and perfect mix of your parents and when they saw you, they cried." Mrs Anderson says.
"I don't care about that. I just wish I had family raising me." Ryley says, getting annoyed and angry.
"We're sorry. If we could go back in time, we would've looked after you." Mr Anderson says.
"That's what everyone says." Ryley says. She looks at Blaine then exits the house.
Blaine watches as she leaves then looks at her parents with a disappointed look on his face. He then rushes outside, expecting to see Ryley on the front step but she's not there. She must've decided to walk. He rushes down to the footpath and looks both ways down the street.
He sees Ryley running down the street, her jacket flowing behind her. He decides to leave her for a bit and goes back inside.