Chapter 29 ~ Times In Hospital

After the last dramatic chapter, I think you guys deserve what happened next.
Regionals will probably be in the next chapter and it might not be a happy ending with that chapter...I like drama, don't judge me! I watch shows like Chuck and Vampire Diaries and Glee so of course I like drama (Yes, Chuck is a drama too; it's comedy-action-drama-spy show)
Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------

During the ride to the hospital, Ryley passed out. She really did lose quite a bit of blood. She laid down on the ambulance bed for most of the ride with Ryder next to her still. He didn't want to leave her. Not after everything she's been through. He really loves her and doesn't want her to go through that ever again.
Tyler better be going to some rehab, prison or boarding school now. Preferably one that's miles away from Ohio. That will make Ryley feel safe again and it will make her happy. And Ryder happy.
He doesn't like seeing Ryley in so much pain from this. Seeing her in pain makes him feel so sad and he just wants to hurt whoever caused her pain. He has hurt Tyler. He hurt him the first time Ryley was hurt back at the party a few weeks ago.
Now he sat there, by her bed side. She had all these tubes attached to her. One contained blood that was helping her stay alive. She could've died from the amount of blood she lost. Okay, maybe not. Ryder was just thinking worst case scenario about all this. What if he lost her? What if Finn hadn't arrived to push Tyler away? What if Tyler had succeed in his mission?
What did Tyler want to hurt her? That's what he wanted to know.
There was a knock on the room's door and Finn entered the room, slowly opening the door.
"How's she doing?" Finn asks, his voice quiet but caring.
"She's fine. Her heart's still beating and she's still alive but she's good," Ryder says, "Did you get through to her dads', Rachel and Blaine?"
"Yeah. They're all getting the next flight out." Finn says.
"Is anyone else out there?" Ryder asks.
"Yeah. Angie, Gabe, Blake, Natalie, Marley, Jake and Kitty are all these. Sam's out there too." Finn says.
"I can't believe that this actually happened." Ryder says, rubbing his hands over his face.
"You don't have to stay here all night." Finn says, walking towards Ryley's other side.
"I have to be here. I have to be here to see her eyes open just to know that I'm one of the first people she sees and I can be here when she wakes up." Ryder says.
"I'll be here too then." Finn says with a small smile.
Ryder then asks one of the man questions he has on his mind, "What were you doing to be going past the Berry's house at this time of the night?"
"I was driving past, heading home. Sometimes I like to stop by to see how Ryley's doing when she's home alone since I am her sister's boyfriend." Finn says.
"Thanks for protecting her tonight though." Ryder says with a small smile.
"Your welcome. I care for her like a little sister." Finn says with a half smile.
Ryder smiles again at the taller man then looks at Ryley. He grabs her hand and kisses it softly. He then places it back down and rests his hand on top of it.
"I'll go back out to the others." Finn says then leaves the room.
Ryder decides to do one of those things he's seen them do in the movies; talk to the one they love when they're in this kind of state.
"Ryley," Ryder whispers, "I really hope you can hear this. There are a few things I want to say. First is that I love you and that's never going to change. Second is I will protect you from now on. I should've gone out to get your phone or maybe even gone with you. Third thing is that I really hope you are okay since one day, when we've finished school, I want to marry you. I want to have children with you. I know I'm only 17 and you're sixteen and we're both still in high school, but I know that you're the one. You're the one that was meant to be mine forever."
There's no response on Ryley's end. Her eyes are still close and she's still asleep. Ryder sighs then gets up to kiss her forehead and sits back down, holding onto her hand.

----------------------------------------------------

Ryley's still not awake when Rachel and Blaine arrive hours later. They did literally get the first plane they could. They played the guilt card at the airport with Rachel using her skills with fake crying to get them on a plane.
Rachel and Blaine came to the hospital straight from the airport. They stood in the hospital room for a bit then left Ryder alone with Ryley.
The dirty blonde haired boy had been there for hours now and he wasn't going to leave until he knew Ryley was okay. He arrived around 10pm and now, it's at least 5 am.
He wanted to sing to her. He knows people do that so he looks at her unconscious body, grabs her hand gently and then sings a little bit of a song that he feels is special to them.

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world 

He then remembers when they sung it together last year. She wanted to sing something for Glee Club so Ryder told sung a bit Your Song to her. The song gives him bad memories though. He still isn't completely over the whole catfishing saga of last year. He sometimes sees Unique and feels like punching him/her. It annoys him so much.
He sighs again and remembers another song that is important to them. He softly sings to her.

This is the first day of my life
Swear I was born right in the doorway
I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed
They're spreading blankets on the beach

Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don't know where I am
I don't know where I've been
But I know where I want to go

And so I thought I'd let you know
That these things take forever
I especially am slow
But I realize that I need you
And I wondered if I could come home

He releases a deep breath then feels a twitch in the hand he's holding of Ryley's. It's not his hand moving though.
"Ryley?" Ryder asks, leaving his seat slowly.
Ryley's eyes flicker a bit, "Ryder..." Her voice is faint but soft.
"Babe, I'm right here." Ryder says, smiling and leaning down to kiss her head.
"Don't leave..." Ryley mumbles. She then closes her eyes again, returning to a sleep.
"Ryley? Ryley?" Ryder asks. He kisses her head again then sits back down.
Ryley then sits up quickly, eyes popping open and heart rate on the machine picking up in a way of panic.
"No!" Ryley shouts.
"Babe..." Ryder says then wraps his arms around her. She takes a while to relax but she does and he kisses her head as he strokes her hair in a comforting way.

-----------------------------------------

"What woke you up?" Ryder asks after Ryley's calmed down a bit.
"A dream," Ryley says, "Well, more like a nightmare."
"What happened?" Ryder asks.
"You...you were leaving me. You thought after everything that has happened with me and Tyler, you thought you could never be with a girl like me." Ryley says.
"I'd never leave you. Not now, not ever." Ryder says.
Ryley smiles softly, "I heard what you told me."
"You did?" Ryder asks, a bit embarrassed.
"Yes," Ryley smiles, "And I agree with everything you said. You are the one that I'm meant to be with. You are my first. You've been my first kiss and my first love. I want you to be the rest of my firsts."
"You weren't my first kiss but you are my first proper love." Ryder says.
Ryley smiles again. Ryder then leans over and gives her a kiss.

------------------------------------------

Short-ish chapter (I think) but still it's sweet in some ways.
Songs Used:
Your Song - Elton John
First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes (I freaking love this song. It gives me Charah feels though)

Vote!
Comment!
So Regionals is the next chapter I have a few things to talk to you people about.
First is, I have chosen the solo and it's my own choice but I'm stuck between two songs;
Young And Beautiful by Lana Del Rey
or
Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus
The solo is going to be sung by Ryley but that's what I need to know.
Also the duet and group number. I am the worst at picking people because I hate choosing. So I NEED a duet and group number. Give me ideas from the Top 100 songs of last 3 years. I'll pick the best two songs and use them next time