Chapter 34 ~ Prom Night

Third to last chapter of The New Berry!

Enjoy my friends :)

------------------------------------------------

Ryley passed Ryder a poster to stick up the wall. It was for Ryder's campaign for Prom King.

She wasn't going for Prom Court. Ryder was helping Kitty out though with her having a dream of being Prom Queen. Ryley would go for Prom Queen but she can't. The school recently put rules that say that sophomores and freshman can't run for Prom Court at a Senior/Junior Prom.

"I really wish you could be my Queen." Ryder says to Ryley after he sticks up a poster.

"Well, there's always next year." Ryley says.

"Hopefully." Ryder says with a smile. He gives her a quick kiss then sticks up another poster. On the poster is a picture of Ryder wearing his letterman jacket with a huge big goofy grin on his face. A crown has been photo-shopped onto his head. In big letters is 'VOTE RYDER LYNN FOR PROM KING'.

Kitty walks up to them to stick a poster up next to Ryder's posters. Her one is her looking proud as a cheerio and in big letter is 'VOTE KITTY WILDE FOR PROM QUEEN!'.

Ryley isn't jealous about Ryder and Kitty running together since they were once together as a couple. Kitty is got a little thing going on with Artie while he's in New York. He's coming for prom night apparently so she's looking forward to that.

"Who else is running for Prom Queen and King?" Ryley asks Ryder and Kitty.

"Sugar is running for Prom Queen and Marley is also running for Prom Queen. Jake and Blake are both running for Prom King." Kitty explains.

"You have some tough competition, guys." Ryley says.

"No we don't. I have a feeling we will win and be the ruler's of McKinley." Kitty says then hi-fives Ryder.

---------------------------------------------------

Prom Night comes quickly with all the Glee Club there since some are performing even if they aren't junior or seniors.

Ryley and Ryder walk into the gym with their arms linked. Ryley has a strapless dark purple dress with flats. Ryder has a simple black suit on with a purple flower in the jacket's chest pocket.

"Let's rock this prom." Ryder says to Ryley. She smiles up at him and goes onto her toes to kiss him on the lips. They go to the dance floor to find Kitty and Artie dancing together. They join them and are joined after a while by Jake and Marley.

On stage, the first Glee club performance is about to start with Blake and Natalie on stage. (A/N: CimFamDirectioner143, I know you requested the Priscilla Renea version but I prefer the Ariana Grande version so I'm using that).

The band begin to play their song and they perform on the stage.

[Natalie:]

La la, la la

You were the popular one, the popular chick

It is what it is, now I'm popular-ish

[Blake:]

Standing on the field with your pretty pompoms

Now you're working at the movies selling popular corn

I could have been a mess but I never went wrong

Cause I'm putting down my story in a popular song