Chapter 28 ~ Friends Night

Sorry it's taken me so long to get this up. I've had a bit of writer's block but this will hopefully make up for it. It's kind of random with a random song in it but it'll be pretty dramatic...hopefully

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

With Regionals getting closer and closer, the New Directions were having a lot of tiring practices to practice three songs that were Top 40 Hits of the last three years (that was the theme).

They really deserved a day off so on a Friday night, Ryley invited Ryder, Jake, Marley, Kitty, Gabe, Angie, Blake and Natalie over for friends night. With Leroy and Hiram away, Ryley had the place to herself so she really hoped all her friends could come over.

As she finished putting out bowls of chips and lollies along with making sure she had enough cans of Mountain Dew and Coca-Cola in the fridge, the doorbell rang. She races to the door and Ryder stands there.

"Hey." Ryley says with a smile and gives him a quick kiss then a hug.

"Hey babe." Ryder says, smiling as they hug.

Ryder releases her and gives her a huge grin again. Ryley grabs his hand and pulls him into the living room just as the doorbell rings. It's Gabe, Angie, Blake, Natalie and Kitty. They go into the living room and a few minutes later, Jake and Marley arrive.

"Let this relaxing friends night begin." Ryley says once everyone sits in the living room.

They sit down to watch their first of two movies; Rock of Ages. Ryley, Angie and Natalie sing-a-long to the songs as the characters in the movies sing them.

"Why did we let them watch musicals?" Kitty whispers to Ryder.

"It's cute." Ryder whispers back.

"But that's only because your girlfriend is one of them. It's kind of annoying." Kitty whispers.

"Like I said, it's cute." Ryder whispers. He shrugs her off then returns to watching the movie.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lollies, pizza, chips and cans of soft drink are consumed by all of them as the night carries on. Ryley brings out a Japanese drink she wants everyone to try before she starts the next movie.

"What is this drink called again?" Marley asks.

"Calpis." Ryley says.

"Did you say cow piss?" Jake asks.

"No. Calpis. It's fizzy milk." Ryley says. She passes the bottle around so they can all take a sip. At first they seem to like it then a few minutes pass and they're rushing to the kitchen to cleanse their mouths (A/N: I have drunk Calpis before. It tastes alright at first then it has the worst after taste ever).

"That's freaking disgusting." Angie complains as she goes to drink from her can of Coca-Cola.

"I know." Ryley says.

"Your mean." Natalie says with a small frown and pout.

"I know." Ryley says with a smirk.

--------------------------------------------

"Anyone up for some karaoke?" Ryley asks as their second movie, Pitch Perfect, finishes.

"Yeah." Some of the friends say. The rest just nod.

"Down stairs everyone." Ryley says.

They all head down stairs into the basement and check out the karaoke system.