Chapter 4 ~ Heartbreak & Pineapple

There has been some Chuck references in the last chapter (actually, only one which was the 'spiralling' moments that Ryley had when she was rambling. In the season 5 episode of Chuck, Chuck Versus the Kept Man both Chuck and Sarah have their own 'spiralling' moments.
There is another reference in this chapter (hint: it's in the title of this chapter) but it will be explained in the story.
Enjoy beyotches!

------------------------------------------

Ryley didn't want to go to school the next day. She didn't in the end so she did her best Hiram impression (since he and LeRoy are away) and called the school to say she was sick. Luckily, the school believed her.
She couldn't face Ryder right now. He knows that she saw him and Kitty kissing and he looked like he was into the kissing. She's also mad at him since it seems that he just moved onto Kitty straight after Ryley stopped her and Ryder from kissing. It's either that or he was playing her this entire time.
So here she sits on her bed with her shoulder length brown hair in a small messy bun on the top of her head, her black framed glasses that were the stereotypical nerd glasses, a baggy Star Wars t-shirt and pyjama shorts.
She decides to watch The Hunger Games to start her 'sick' day on her laptop that rested at the end of her bed so she could lie down to watch them.
She didn't get into them though; she was distracted by her thoughts...and the internet. She checked into Facebook often to see if either Kitty or Ryder changed their status to 'in a relationship' but neither had. Maybe they were testing out their relationship to see if it was going to work then announce it publicly after a week. People do that, right?
All Ryley wanted to do was punch Kitty in the face but Ryley was just a scared little freshman. Kitty on the other hand is a bitchy and tough cheerleader who is really popular. Kitty is also way hotter than Ryley. A lot of guys have flirted with Kitty and she's flirted back with them but right now, her target is Ryder.
Ryder is one of the most popular guys in school. He's a football star and a former New Directions member. Girls (and maybe a few guys) want him and guys want to be him. He has the looks, the arms, the muscles and the awesome singing voice.
That's what was on Ryley's mind all day.

---------------------------------------------------

With Will's permission, Blaine didn't go to Glee Club that afternoon; he decided he would check in on his newly discovered cousin after he found out she was apparently sick.
He pulled up in the Berry's empty driveway and walked up to the front door, knocking on it. He shouted out, "Ryley! It's me, Blaine!". He heard running down the stairs from inside then the door opened and Ryley ran back upstairs. Blaine raised an eyebrow in confusion then closed the door behind him before he made his way upstairs. He entered Ryley's bedroom to see she had her laptop open and was watching some TV show on her laptop.
"Why are you watching the season 5 finale of Chuck?" Blaine asks, seeing the computer screen.
"Well, I started watching The Hunger Games but I was getting distracted so I decided to watch all 5 season finales of Chuck since they're all emotional and epic." Ryley says, hugging one of her pillows with her eyes still attached to the screen.
Blaine closes the computer lid just as the main characters, Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker are about to kiss in the final scene of the episode. Ryley glares at Blaine.
"I was watching that and that scene is an emotional one for me because I still want to know if Sarah remembers her love for Chuck but we'll never know because the show's finished and all that's left to answer my question is fanfiction." Ryley says.
"Fanfiction?" Blaine asks.
"When fan's write stories about TV shows or movies or their celebrity crushes," Ryley says, "I can't believe you've never heard of fanfiction."
Blaine just shakes his head to forget about it, "What's up with you?" He folds his arms.
"Well, I like this guy and he almost kissed but I stopped him then I got advice from Rachel that I should kiss so I had plans to kiss him the next day at school but someone else kissed him and I ran away crying." Ryley explains, squeezing her pillow tighter.
"The guy is Ryder and the person who kissed Ryder is Kitty, right?" Blaine asks.
Ryley nods.
Blaine sits next to Ryley and puts an arm around her shoulder, "Kitty is a bitch. Ryder likes you. End of freaking story."
"I agree with you on how Kitty is a bitch. After I messed up Ryder's shirt in the cafeteria the other week, Kitty threatened me to stay away from Ryder." Ryley says.
"That bitch." Blaine mumbles.
"It's fine, Blaine." Ryley says.
"No it's not. Before Rachel returned to New York, she made me promise to her that I would protect you and look after you."
"Really?"
"She basically forced me to but part of me feels like you're my little sister."
"Well it's not nice for guys to hit girls so you can't go beating Kitty up for me."
"But I can give you a makeover to show Ryder what he's missing out on."
"What would you know about girls fashion?"
"For your information, I am very good with fashion. Anyway, I can call up three people you are."
"Who?"
"Can I log into your Skype?"
"Sure."
Blaine gets up and goes to Ryley's laptop. He logs into Skype then video calls someone.
"Hey Blaine. Where are you cause it clearly doesn't look like your place?" A familiar voice asks.
"Hey Kurt. I'm at Ryley's place and she's got a broken heart." Blaine says to the computer. He steps out of the way so Ryley can see Kurt on the screen.
"Rach? Your sister needs our help!" Kurt calls out.
Rachel is on the screen quickly and sees Ryley's messy attire and her hugging the pillow.
"What happened?" Rachel asks Ryley, concern clear on her face.
"I took your advice to go find Ryder and kiss him but I saw him kissing Kitty and I think he knows that I saw him so I didn't go to school today." Ryley says.
"We need to show Ryder what he's missing out on." A voice says from in Kurt and Rachel's apartment. A beautiful Latina with black hair appears in between Kurt and Rachel.
"Ryley, this is Santana Lopez. Santana, meet my sort of sister, Ryley." Rachel says.
Ryley waves with her usual half smile.
"We can help you with making Ryder sort of jealous." Santana says with a smile.
"Sort of?" Ryley asks.
"We'll make him want you." Santana says.
"I've done this before, honey so you can trust me." Kurt says.
"That time didn't work out amazing for me." Rachel says, folding her arms.
"Please explain." Blaine says.
"So back in our sophomore year, I wanted Finn's attention so Kurt decided to help me. Kurt was crushing on Finn too though." Rachel says.
"But aren't Kurt and Finn step brothers?" Ryley asks.
"Back then, no. So back to the story," Rachel says, "Kurt gave me a makeover to impress Finn which involved this really cute black strapless dress that Finn did like at first and he came over to hang at my place later. I walked out as Sandy from Grease and we sung You're The One That I Want and I think I scared him. Finn thought I looked like a sad clown hooker. He was not impressed."
"Sorry about all of that. But look on the bright side; you two are in love but not together. Yet." Kurt says with a sincere apologetic smile.
"It's fine now." Rachel says.
"Are you done with your super touching moment, HummelBerry?" Santana asks with a hint of her signature Latina sass.
"Let's get back to you, Ms Ryley," Kurt says with a smile, "We are going to need to connect to Face Time with one of you while you two shop at the mall."
"Ugh the mall." Ryley groans.
"Go have a shower and then you can go buy stuff to make Ryder jealous." Rachel says.
Blaine continues to talk to the three over Skype as Ryley showers and gets dressed. All three are doing well in New York with Rachel finding out in the next week if she got the role of Fanny in Funny Girl or not. Ryley exited the bathroom in her normal jeans, pop culture related shirt (Vintage Superman today), pull over head hoodie and converses.
"I see you took none of our fashion advice from the other week." Kurt says.
"Style doesn't have to be fashionable; it has to be comfortable." Ryley says, putting her hands on her hips.
"I'll call you, Kurt, over Face Time when we're at the mall." Blaine says.
"Yeah. Love you." Kurt says.
"Love you too." Blaine says.
"Bye!" Ryley says, waving at the three on the screen. They wave back then their faces disappear.
"So what's going with you and Kurt?" Ryley asks Blaine as they head down the stairs.
"We've been talking a lot lately and we're giving our relationship a second chance." Blaine says.
"I'm happy for you two. I've seen some of the old pics on Facebook and you two are just the cutest." Ryley says.
"Yeah. We are." Blaine says with a smile.
"That reminds me," Ryley says as she stops halfway down the steps, "I'm just going to go check my Facebook quickly. I'll meet you at your car."
"Cool." Blaine says, heading out the door.
Ryley rushes back upstairs and into her room. She opens up an Internet browser on her laptop in her room. She instantly sees horror at the top of the page;
Kitty Wilde is in a relationship with Ryder Lynn
Ryley begins to freak out inside. Maybe they aren't actually dating and maybe Kitty is just doing this to freak people like Ryley out. Ryley then goes onto Ryder's profile and sees:
Ryder Lynn is in a relationship with Kitty Wilde
Maybe Kitty hacked Ryder's account. Kitty's that evil, right?
Ryley exits the browser then runs down the stairs. She goes outside, locking the door behind her. She gets casually into Blaine's car.
"Anything interesting on Facebook?" Blaine asks with a smile as Ryley does her seatbelt up.
She looks straight ahead then whispers, "Pineapple."
"What?" Blaine asks, confused.
"Pineapple." Ryley says, a little louder.
"Pineapple? What do you mean by 'pineapple'?" Blaine asks as he starts the engine of the car up.
"Have you seen that classic Chuck season 1 episode, Chuck Versus the Nemesis?" Ryley asks.
Blaine shakes his head as he pulls out of the driveway and they begin their drive to the mall.
"I'll explain then," Ryley says, "In the episode, it's the day after Thanksgiving, Black Friday at the Buy More and that's the worse shopping day of the year when there is huge sales. When it's a terrible situation and the Buy More needs to be evacuated, they say their code word and that is pineapple. It's become my panic word."
"What made you panic?" Blaine asks.
"Kitty and Ryder are both in a relationship with each other according to Facebook." Ryley says.
Blaine coughs but stays silent.
"You knew didn't you?" Ryley asks, folding her arms and glaring at him.
Blaine nods.
"You should have told me! I didn't want to find out from the Internet!" Ryley says, annoyed.
Blaine stays silent and the car ride is silent until they reach the mall.
"Well, here we are. I'll call Kurt and then we'll head in." Blaine says, taking his phone out after parking the car. Ryley sighs. This is going to be a long afternoon.

----------------------------------------------------------

After a tiring time at the mall, Ryley decides to go to bed early after having some leftovers out of the fridge.
Blaine had left after helping Ryley take her bags of new stuff up to her room. He had apologised for not telling Ryley sooner about Kitty and Ryder being a couple. Ryley accepted his apology but threatened him that if he kept secrets like that from her, she would 'shave his head and cut off his man-hood'. That made Blaine just a tad scared and with one last hug, he left.
As Ryley got into bed, her phone flashed. It was a text message from an unknown number but as soon as she saw the message, she knew who it was from since they mentioned their name in the text. The message went;
Hey Ryley. It's me, Ryder. Blaine give me your number since I wanted to be able to text you. Are you feeling okay to come to school tomorrow?
Ryley simply replied with Yup. Why you ask?
I just wanted to know so I could see you tomorrow :)
was Ryder's reply.
Something about the text message made Ryley smile. Was he missing her? Probably not since he has his new girlfriend Kitty. He doesn't need a stupid freshman who just has a crush on him.
Lying down in bed, Ryley thinks about the next day. Blaine will be over early to help with the outfit then it's off to show Ryder what he's missing out on.

---------------------------------------------

Ryley exits her en suite bathroom after her morning shower. Her short hair is wrapped in a towel on her head and she's in her underwear. She lays out her choice of outfit from the bags of clothes from yesterday's shopping trip then puts on a robe when the doorbell rings.
She rushes down the stairs to answer the door. Blaine stands there with his iPad scree facing her. On the screen is Kurt, Rachel and Santana in their pyjamas and eating their breakfast at their dining room table.
"Morning." Ryley says with a wave.
"Morning, sis." Rachel says.
"Come in." Ryley says to Blaine.
Blaine comes in with the iPad screen facing away from him. He follows Ryley up the steps and into her room.
"So what outfit have you chosen?" Kurt asks.
Ryley holds up a dress similar to the one Rachel wore back when she was trying to impress Finn and some small black high heels.
"I think that's a good choice." Blaine says.
"Thank you," Ryley says, "Rachel? Kurt? Santana?"
The three all nod in unison.
"You all nodded in unison and that's creepy." Ryley says.
They all then take a sip of coffee at the same time, creeping Ryley out again.
"Go put your outfit on." Blaine says, nodding his head in the direction of her bathroom. Ryley takes her dress into the bathroom and gets dressed. She exits and twirls for her friends.
"Well done." Kurt says.
"You look hot." Santana says. Rachel smacks Santana's arm.
"That's my sister and you sort of have Brittany." Rachel says.
"She's at MIT. We're not officially together but we've been Skype dating." Santana says.
"Well, we better get going to school. Bye guys." Blaine says to the screen.
"Bye." Ryley says.
The three shout their goodbye then leave the screen.
"Let's get going to school." Blaine says, putting his iPad into the satchel over his shoulder.
Ryley smiles with a nod and the two go out to Blaine's car.

-----------------------------------------

How will Ryder react? How will Kitty react? How will others react?
Find out next time.
Vote!
Comment!
I think I found a good link to the Chuck Pilot so if any of you want to watch it (I recommend you do. It's my second favourite show after Glee and it's a really good show and you'll get to know all my strange Chuck references if you do and Matt Bomer aka Cooper Anderson on Glee is in the Pilot and a few episodes later in the season and second season):
http://www.tubeplus.me/movie/786905/Chuck/season_1/episode_1/Pilot/