Chapter 23 ~ A Girls Vs Boys Battle & Tyler Crawford

Like I said at the end of the last chapter, a new character will be introduced called Tyler Crawford, a Junior who knows Ryley from her past. He's portrayed by Vampire Diaries star, Michael Trevino (possible pic on the side of him). Michael Trevino is also Jenna Ushkowitz's boyfriend (apparently)
I also realised I missed out a Chuck cast member, Mark Christopher Lawrence who portrays Big Mike on the show. Fun Fact (don't you just love fun facts): Mark Christopher Lawrence made a brief appearance on Glee as Unique's dad in Glease.
I also want to tell you guys that while writing this chapter, I was listening Ni***s in Paris by Jay-Z & Kanye West (just because I'm special ^.^)
Anywho, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

The Christmas/New Year's holiday period was over and now it was time to get back into school for the second half of the year.
Ryley walked into the halls of McKinley, hand in hand with Ryder. She's wearing her Orange Orange hoodie which she is still so happy about. They walk down the hallway and see Angie, Gabe, Jake and Marley chatting up the hallway.
"Hey guys." Ryley says as her and Ryder walk up to them.
"Hey Rye." Angie says with a smile.
"Hey." Jake says.
"Sup." Gabe says.
"Hey." Marley says.
Ryder waves at them with a smile and they all wave at him.
"How was your holidays?" Ryley asks.
"Awesome. I got some awesome stuff for Christmas." Angie says.
"New Year's Eve was really fun." Jake says.
"Now it's a new semester at McKinley and we have Regionals to get ready for." Marley says.
"Not just yet. There still is the Sadie Hawkins dance in a week." Ryder says.
"But after that we have to get ready for Regionals." Marley says.
"No. Valentine's Day." Gabe says.
"Well, after that is Regionals then." Marley says.
"Yeah." Ryley says.

--------------------------------------------------

Ryley walked up to her locker and went to get some books for her next class. She had it with Angie and Gabe but they went to Gabe's locker since Angie already had her books.
"Ryley?" A voice asks, walking up to Ryley.
Ryley turns around to see a black spiky haired muscular boy with brown eyes and dark-ish skin.
"Tyler Crawford?" Ryley asks, smiling a bit.
Tyler smiles at Ryley, "It's been a while, Rye."
"Yeah like you got adopted." Ryley says.
"It's good to see you again, Rye." Tyler says.
"It's good to see you too." Ryley says.
"I've heard you're in the Glee Club and performed in the musical." Tyler says.
"Yeah. I am. My boyfriend and I were the leads." Ryley says. When she mentions boyfriend, she can see Tyler's smile fade just a bit.
"That sounds awesome. I've been here since the beginning of the school year but I've been focusing on football and stuff so I haven't had the chance to talk to you again." Tyler says. He's wearing a letterman jacket so clearly he's on the team.
"You might know my boyfriend then. His name is Ryder-" Ryley starts.
"Lynn. Yeah I know him. He seems like a nice dude." Tyler says, not fully enthusiastic.
"You were like my big brother at the orphanage, Ty. It's awesome to see you again." Ryley says.
"Yeah. It is." Tyler says then walks away.
Ryley thinks about how weird Tyler is acting. He didn't seem to like it when she mentioned about having her having a boyfriend. They were always so close back at the orphanage and when he left when she was 13 and he was 14, she was a little lost and alone. She never thought she'd ever see him again...
3 Years Ago...
13 year old Ryley walks down to the common room of the orphanage. She sees her best friend, Tyler talking to a happy couple. He's quite scrawny, tall and has hair that spikes everywhere but still is a short hair style.
Tyler sees Ryley and walks up to her.
"What's going on?" Ryley asks.
"That nice couple are going to adopt me. Their names are Keith and Elizabeth Crawford. So now I'm apparently Tyler Crawford." Tyler explains.
"You're leaving?" Ryley asks, her voice cracking a little.
"Yes. I'm sorry about leaving you here but this is something that will make me happy." Tyler says.
Ryley sighs, "I'll miss you."
"I'll miss you too, Rye. I'll never forget you." Tyler says and hugs her.
The two hug for a bit then Tyler releases the shorter brunette to go to his new family.
Ryley feels her heart slowly break as Tyler goes off with his new family. She actually really liked Tyler and now that he's gone, they could never be a couple. She'll probably never see him again since his family probably live out of state or something like that.
She'll miss him but she'll never forget him...
Present Day...
 "Rye?" A voice asks, bringing Ryley back to the present day. It's Angie with Gabe.
"Yeah. What's up?" Ryley asks.
"We've got to head to class." Gabe says.
"Right." Ryley says and walks with the two of them to their class together.