Chapter 31 ~ The Proposal

Seems like some of you are freaking out over my choice to end Glee Club.
But it's not going to be forever if I do. The main plot of the second one will be trying to get the club all back together before Sectionals happens.
Yes, you have heard it here first; I am writing a sequel to this. I don't know what to call it yet but if you guys have any ideas, feel free to give me a title idea.
This chapter is happier with a smidge of humour in it.

Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------

"We have to do this."
"No freaking way, Rye."
"It will be fun."
"Still saying no."
"Just come inside with me."
"No."
"Why not?"
"You'll force me to do it."
"No."
"You're lying?"
"How do you know I'm lying?"
"You're a terrible liar."
"Shut up."
"Still not doing it."
"I don't want to go in there alone though."
"Don't be a baby."
"Stop being so mean."
"I'm not doing it, Rye."
"Come on, Angie." Ryley then grabs Angie by the arm and drags her into the room they're standing outside of. Inside, there's a group of young people mixed with middle aged people getting ready for a training. It's a self defence class and Ryley dragged Angie to come with her so she can learn to defend herself.
At the front of the class, there's a teenager who seems to be at least a college freshman. He's well built, tall, has short dark brown hair and his eyes are brown. He's cute. (A/N: Google 'Steven R McQueen'. He is potraying this one chapter OC. He's also really hot).
"Cute instructor." Angie says.
"I just need to remember that I have a boyfriend," Ryley says, still looking at the cute teenager at the front of the class, "And so do you."
"Must remember Gabe." Angie whispers.
"And I need to remember to Ryder." Ryley says.
"How are you and Ryder going?" Angie asks.
"Fine. He's been so supportive since the Tyler incidents." Ryley says.
"Is it true that Tyler was moved to a boarding school in Westerville?" Angie asks.
"Dalton. He goes to Dalton Academy." Ryley says.
"How do you know this?" Angie asks.
"I have my sources." Ryley says.
"Okay everyone," The cute guy at the front of the class says, "This is the first self defence I am taking so let me introduce myself. My name is Derek Hunter. I am a college freshman and I have been taking these self defence classes since I was 14 so the old one was happy to give it over to me."
"Derek. That's an alright name." Angie whispers to Ryley. Ryley rolls her eyes at her friend then returns her attention to Derek as he talks and begins the class.

---------------------------------------------------

At the end of the class, Ryley and Angie are the last to leave.
"You two girls enjoy the class?" Derek asks before they exit the room.
"It was fun." Ryley says.
"You're the girl who had all those attacks by that Tyler Crawford dude, right? What was your name again?" Derek asks, picking up his bag and putting it over his shoulder.
"Ryley Berry." Ryley says.
"And I'm Angela McGraw but you can call me Angie." Angie says.
"Everyone calls you Angie, Angie." Ryley says.
"Will you two be at next weeks class?" Derek asks.
"Yes." Ryley says.
"No." Angie mumbles. Ryley elbows Angie in the arm, receiving an "Ow" from Angie.
"See you girls next week." Derek says with a small laugh. He leaves the room and Ryley and Angie follow after a moment. He locks the door behind them then walk off down the passage way.

--------------------------------------------

"This week, I need your help with a little mission." Finn says to the club.
Everyone has looks of curiosity on their faces.
"I plan on proposing to Rachel." Finn says.
Everyone cheers and claps. Ryley's smile is bigger than any smile she's had in the last few weeks.
"I need help with a perfect proposal and I thought may the Glee Club could do a bit of a performance for it." Finn says.
"Well, I'll be happy to help," Ryley says, "You did ask my Dads' right?"
"Yes, I did." Finn says.
"Don't worry, you have my blessing too." Ryley says, smiling.
Finn smiles at her, "Thanks."
"So what's the plan?" Jake asks.
"I was hoping we could have three songs; one will be a solo that Rachel has done that is important to our relationship, one will be a solo that I've done that is important to our relationship then we'll finish with a duet or group number that is important relationship." Finn says.
"What songs do you want us to sing?" Ryder asks.
"I was hoping maybe Marley could sing Without You. Rachel sung that to me a while before I proposed to her for the first time." Finn says.
"I could totally nail that." Marley says with a smile.
"Blake, you could sing the lead of Jessie's Girl maybe?" Finn asks.
"Yeah. I could do that." Blake says.
"And lastly, Ryley and Ryder, you guys can have a choice of our duets; Faithfully, Pretending, I Just Can't Stop Loving You or Damn It, Janet!. What do you two want to sing?" Finn asks.
Ryley and Ryder exchange a look then Ryder speaks up, "I personally would find it really fun to sing Damn It, Janet but Ryley, your choice."
"I'm going to have to go with Faithfully." Ryley says.
"Awesome. So it's Marley singing Without You, Blake singing Jessie's Girl then Ryley and Ryder singing Faithfully." Finn says.