Chapter 9 ~ When Not At Prom

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------

"Prom is coming up for you seniors and juniors so normally we would be performing at prom but not this year; we're not." Will says to the Glee Club.

"Why not?" Joe asks.

"Figgins has found a band to perform for it." Will says.

"So that means the ones who aren't seniors and juniors don't have to attend prom?" Marley asks.

Will nods. Finn smiles with a thumbs up.

"You sophomore," Finn starts then looks at Gabe, Angie and Ryley, "and freshman don't have to attend prom. Go have fun at home or host your own party."

Ryley smiles and gets an idea. Will and Finn start discussing ideas for Nationals in their own little private conversation. While they do, Ryley faces all the sophomore and freshman (Gabe, Angie, Ryder, Kitty, Jake and Marley).

"Party at mine on Prom Night. Karaoke, awesomeness and movies." Ryley says.

"That sounds awesome." Ryder says.

---------------------------------------

On Prom Night, Ryley sets up the basement of her place to make a party room. LeRoy and Hiram have gone away on a couple's weekend trip so Ryley's home alone.

She sets up the little stage for karaoke then puts a pile of DVDs by the big and new TV. She plugs her phone into the stereo and the first song that starts to play is Best Song Ever by One Direction. Just as it starts, the doorbell rings and she rushes upstairs to answer the door.

At the door is Marley and Jake, holding hands and smiling.

"Come in." Ryley says, waving them in. Jake closes the door behind him and his girlfriend and Ryley leads the couple to the basement just as the doorbell rings again. Ryley runs back to the door and Kitty's standing there.

"As much as I didn't like you a while ago, I'm glad we can move past it." Kitty says.

"Okay then." Ryley says, letting Kitty come in then pointing her in the direction of the basement as the doorbell rings again.

Angie stands there with a smile, "Hey."

"Come in. The basement is down the hall and Kitty, Jake and Marley are already down there." Ryley says. Angie walks past her as Ryley closes the door after her then is about to follow Angie down when the doorbell rings again.

Gabe and Ryder both stand there, having arrived at the same time. She lets them and gives Ryder a kiss as he walks up to her. Ryley leads the two boys to the basement where Jake, Marley, Kitty and Angie are already talking and helping themselves to cans of soda from the mini fridge and taking handfuls of lollies.

Best Song Ever has turned into We Can't Stop which Ryley can't remember putting on her phone but everyone's enjoying it for some reason.

"What's first for this party?" Ryder asks.

"Karaoke?" Ryley says.

Ryder nods and everyone else agrees at the idea.

"What about we do girls vs boys first?" Ryley asks.

"But you have an extra person." Gabe protests.

"Who cares?" Kitty asks.

"We do." Ryder says.

"We don't." Marley says.

"Let's just leave it," Ryley says, "We go first."