Chapter 2

The next morning came and Eren went in to give him his breakfast. But he wasn't there. All there was, was a note on the table. It read, " sorry for the trouble last night. I've gone back to work already. It's a good thing there's no one here to scold me. ~Levi"

Eren felt shocked. Had Levi not understood him. What about the confession, had he been too indirect? He bit his lip. "Shit..." Eren was not the person to use such words, but this time he might really have screwed up, and 'shit' sounded just about right to describe it.

Eren looked at the back of the note, it had his number.. Handwritten on it with a little side note.. " if you want... You can come visit anytime..."

"Thank God...." Eren sighed in a whisper. His shift was soon over and he hurriedly finished his duties and responsibilities before barging into the changing room. He took a quick shower and brushed up a bit before storming out the doors. Eren didn't really know why he wanted to see the man so much, but there was something about him, something that lured him in. Standing outside Ackerman Corp. Eren gasped for air as he had ran all the way. He really needed to get his car fixed. He reminded himself and fished out his phone dialing the number on the back of the note.

In his office, Levi was looking through and signing papers. Startled by the phone ring, he picks it up, annoyed by the number of phone calls already.

"What is it.?"

"Ah eh... I-It's Eren Jaeger .." He stuttered, unsure if Levi was mad at him for disturbing him like this.

"E-Eren?" Levi's attention went straight to the phone call. "Uh.. What's up? I just left this morning and you're already calling.?"

"Ah..." Eren blushed, "No, I..." What excuse should he give, it was too embarrassing. "It's nothing..." Eren felt so embarrassed, having been so mean to him earlier and then coming running to him like this. "Just never mind." With people staring and a crimson color painting his face, Eren quickly ended the call. Standing outside the huge building for a second he contemplated where he should go, his mind felt so confused.

"Huh-? Eren?" The phone flat toned. " I wonder what he wanted." He thought about it as he continued his huge piles of work.

Eren looked up at the top floor. What if he went inside. But then that would only embarrass him more. Then what if he went home. No, there he would only remember their hot first time and his own rude words. Then what about back to the hospital? "Hng.." Eren felt a headache rising If he went there he would only be bothering the others and be in their way. To others, Eren probably looked like a lost baby bird. Behind Eren however, stood a man with a smile plastering his face.

"Are you lost?" He asked with curious eyes, which slightly widened as they saw Eren's face. They clearly showed great interest in him.

"Ah no.. I was just..." He looked around confused, then to the top of the building again.

"I'm sorry... Don't mind me..." The brunette bowed his head deeply.

The man snickered, "I'm Jean Kirchstein..." He gazed into Eren's emerald green eyes. "Do you want me to deliver a message to Levi?" The way he said Levi's name so casually, made him wonder who he was. And just by the mention of his name, Eren's whole face exploded in a red wash of crimson.

"Ah, no,eh...." Clearly flustered Eren didn't know what to do. "Please don't mind me..." Jean snickered at Eren's frustration. "Okay. Well see you later Mr. kitty.." Jean smirked and proceeded into the building.

Back in his office, Levi heard the door open. Jean casually walked in. " Hey Levi. I see you're back at work now. Where the hell have you been the last 3 months?" Levi didn't respond and just continued his paperwork. " that is none of your concern horseface. Now leave me alone." Jean was surprised by that response.