Chapter 3

After cooking, Levi went over to Eren and saw that he had fallen back asleep.

Eren was shivering quite a lot, his fever high. The cold apartment, was no longer cold thanks to Levi, but Eren's fever didn't want to settle. A slight whisper of Levi's name came from Eren's mouth as he unconscious fought through his fever.

"You'll be okay." He moved strand of his hair, out of his hot face.

Eren could feel Levi's cold fingers brush across his forehead. Stirring he woke up, he wanted to see the man taking care of him, he wanted to see his face. Forcing his eyes open he looked at Levi. "Wat..er.." His tired teal eyes were looking at Levi's steel gray ones.

"Water.?" Levi grabbed the water jug on the table beside them and poured them a glass of water. He slowly sat Eren up and held the glass to his mouth.

Eren found it hard to swallow. His body, barely able to move and the high fever didn't exactly make it and better. Water started spilling from the corner of his mouth. Levi had found some fever reducing pills and planned to make Eren take them. He clicked his tongue, slightly annoyed by his own incompetence. He forced Eren's mouth open with his thumb and put the pills on his tongue. After muttering and apology he took a big mouthful of water and forcefully made him drink, carefully avoiding spilling too much water. When he felt the young brunette swallow, he let go, breaking the 'kiss'.

Levi wanted more, but he wasn't that low as to go for him while he was sick. He lay Eren back down and pulled the covers over him. " please get well soon. Do you mind me staying here? I'll be so uneasy if you're here alone." 

"St...ay" Eren whispered. The young brunette had tons of questions for him, but right now all he wanted to do was sleep.

Some time later, Eren woke up to a bright room, lightened by the snow outside. Underneath the Kotatsu, close to his bed was Levi, asleep. "Levi?" Eren questioned everything. "What happened, and why is he here?"

Levi was in a deep sleep. He was exhausted, not only from work but because of taking care of Eren. His chest calmly goes up a down. A small smile appeared at the corner of his mouth.

Eren tried to remember what had happened, but it all seemed quite hazy. He remembered coming home and going to bed. But how come the man he didn't want to see was here? Eren didn't want to think right now, the room was cold and it made him shiver. Tucking himself underneath the duvet again he tries going to sleep. However... He tossed off the duvet, stood up and quietly marched over to the cabinet with extra quilts and duvets inside. Pulling out one he put it on Levi. Why did he have to care so much for a man he didn't want anything to do with... Eren sighed and went back to bed, this time falling asleep.

The next morning, Eren was again the first to wake up. He rubbed his eyes and got up. Forgetting that Levi was there, he almost trips over him.

"Woah!" Eren falls and almost lands on top of Levi. The teal eyed brunette was leaning over Levi with two hands on one side and his feet on the other. When he hears the other male stirring in his sleep, Eren quickly pulls away.

He stirred, stretched a little bit, but He still didn't wake up. He was hella sleep deprived. He hasn't slept like this in ages.

"Not waking up huh?" Eren scratched his head. "Well time to make some breakfast. Come Yuki. I'll fix you something too."

Levi still slept peacefully. When he heard Eren cluttering of the pans, he slowly woke up. " Eren what are you doing.??" He groaned.

"Ah, you're awake..." Eren gritted his teeth, "Good timing, get out... please. I don't know why you're here, but please, just get out."