Labyrinth of abyss

Have you ever felt like you were drowning in a sea of sorrow, and there is no one to save you? Have you ever felt so lonely while sitting in a crowded room, even when your friends surround you? Have you ever felt like you're not good enough, no matter how hard you have tried? Do you ever wonder why bad things happen to good people, and why good things happen to the bad?

Yes?

Welcome to reality where nobody cares about the real you... Welcome... to my world.

Flashback

"Kira, for GOD'S sake, BREATHE." Shane's quavering voice attacked me when he shook me by my shoulders to bring back life to me.

"Please... just breathe... it wasn't your fault sis... LOOK AT ME GOD DAMMIT" There was a smear of frustration in his voice along with tenderness and care. His face illustrated the clear definition of concern.

I was slumped on the hospital floor against the wall with my weak legs crossed over each other. I had my face buried in my sweaty palms, and my elbows dug deep into my thighs. Shane was mirroring my position, but his hands were on my shoulder demanding me to breathe.

I only realized that I wasn't breathing when my whole body started to turn numb, and there was a faint buzzing noise in my ear, followed by the blurring of vision. The busy and non-stoppable world seemed to slow down for a while.

Thump

Taking in a lung full of air, I looked up to see tiny beads of crystals roll down Shane's cheeks until it met the stubble near the end of his tanned chiselled face.

"I'm s-oooo sorry... but I need you right now, I need my little sister..." He trailed, engulfing me in a tight hug. I rested my forehead on his shoulder, allowing him to stroke the area on my back that had hit the wall when he had pushed me against it while trying to bring me back to life.

"Everyone I care for gets hurt Shane..." I pushed myself away from him, to lean against the cold wall.

"I'm like a plague. I'm the reason why everything that's happened... I wish I was never born" That's when my lingering dry eyes met Shane's soft damp ones. My voice sounded emotionless when I spoke.

"THAT was NOT your fault and this isn't either and you know that! Hey, Look at me, nothing's happened to me." He tried his hardest to put on a small smile to make me feel better, but I knew how much it hurt him inside to see his mom in the ICU.

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get out of this depressing atmosphere.

Finally finding the little strength I had conjured away in my body, I stood up, leaving a startled Shane on the floor and ran out the hospital.

Flashback ends

Although I knew I was far away from the death house, aka the hospital, I kept running. All that boxing training with Shane paid off keeping my stamina intact. Since my mind was so loud, I didn't realize my body was screaming at me to stop.

Somehow, I ended up near a seashore, surrounded by mini-cliffs with sharp edges. Along the left side of the shore, there was a trail that led up to a cliff.

WOW. That was the first thought that clawed its way to the top of my labyrinth of thoughts, allowing my mind to rest in peace for a while. A timid half-moon hung loosely on the shimmering canvas of darkness.

It was a clear night which allowed the luminous light of the shy moon to gently cascade down its beauty onto the restless sea. Forming glistening streaks directly under the moon.

Inhaling some of the fresh ocean air, I listened to the gentle breeze playing soft music along the shore that was accompanied by the rough clashing sound of the sea when colliding with the sand.

I felt so empty and hollow inside... Like I had no soul, and like I had no purpose to live anymore. Nothing could emotionally hurt me anymore no matter what, I was immune to pain. I felt nothing inside.

I laughed every day but I never felt happy inside. Happiness, was a myth to me because I had never found it in my sixteen years of existence.

Splash!!

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted when my body collided with something. Suddenly, I was floating in the sea of bewilderment with my arms stretched to my sides. The heavy weight of my cold heart acted as an anchor, dragging me down to the middle of a labyrinth with no way out and no one to save me, however, I didn't struggle to get out of the place and allowed myself to get soaked in a sea of pain, knowing that I deserved it.

Just when I thought I was finally going to be free from myself, I felt something tug on my clothes. The water roughly splashed around me. A strong pair of hands gently but firmly grabbed onto my waist, trying to rescue my flightless body from the jungle of knotted agony.

Suddenly I felt the autumn breeze smack me in my face, making me gasp and choke out the water from my lungs. I felt too weak to fight back and allowed myself to float on the sparkling water. My lungs still felt heavy and I was effortlessly slipping away to the darkness.

That's when I felt someone's arm around the back of my shoulder, allowing me to rest my heavy head on their chest.

"Are..." An unfamiliar voice cooed in my ear, a voice filled with concern and sympathy. "you ...okay?"

His sentences were being blocked. I kept losing and regaining consciousness. Finally, as my fragile back gently hit the bed of sand, I felt a fist on my chest.

"Come on, breathe." He kept pressing his hands on top of my chest, making me choke.

All the water came gushing out of my mouth and nose. Twisting my upper body around to face the ground, I let all the saltiness out of my body. I heard a sigh of relief as the boy beside me shifted himself from a kneeling position and sat himself down on the sand.

"Do you want some water? Your throat might be sore." His gravel husky voice sent an electric shiver down my spine, causing goose bumps to rise.

"More water? No thanks." I chuckled and then ungracefully coughed out what I had left inside and, to my surprise, he smirked at my brash remark which quickly shifted to a frown, and allowed distress to cloak his features.

"I don't wanna sound insensitive but, were you...?" His voice was slightly shaking at the thought of what I was trying to do to myself.

"...No... I was just walking, I didn't see..." I licked my bottom lip and looked straight into his shadowed eyes. His face was away from the light.

"It was just dark." I honestly didn't remember how I ended up in the damn water.

"I don't know anything about you but, I can assure you, running away isn't really the right way to deal with your problems."

Okay, who does he think he is to tell me I was running away? He's damn right, he doesn't know anything about me. I took a deep breath and clenched my teeth.

"I wasn't running away... I said I was just walking." I picked up a crystal-like rock and stood up.

"I'm sorry I-I" I immediately interrupted him.

"It's okay... no biggy" I threw the rock into the sea with full force.

"Let me give you ride home?" I could feel him staring at me like there's no tomorrow. Digesting every single last detail about me, he finally stood up. It was still too dark to properly see his face.

"Why? You worried I'd run in front of a truck?" My response was low and bitter.

----------------
This is being freshly edited by DarkRose4581. Do vote and let me know about what you think. Take care - Kat