Texting but no sexting

"Ready to go" Saira mumbled while putting on some mascara.

"PLEASEE..." I begged while stroking on some of my own mascara along my lashes while Lacey stared out the window with a heart broken expression. 

It must have been extremely hard for her to experience such loud volume of emotion all in the space two weeks. She didn't even have any time to heal before getting emotionally attacked again. 

However Saira on the other hand is too familiar with this situation as this was not the first time she'd had to leave her child and as time progressed, she learned to handle the pain with elegancy.

When we finally were ready and got in the car, I was ecstatic about the long drive due to the fact that I had my favourite playlist on repeat and obviously Caleb.

However, around about midday, he abruptly stopped replying to my messages which I found highly odd because he's never done that to me before and we've had this on going 'thing' for at least a month now. 

Soon after I became agitated and I was incredibly close to calling him but I immediately stopped before I looked too desperate. I mean, I wasn't his girlfriend or anything, hell we haven't even kissed yet so he definitely had the right to ignore me. 

He probably was busy with other girls and that thought ignited a ball of fire in the pit of my stomach making my heart break out of my chest. 

For some reason my whole world felt weak and it made me realise how dangerously dependent I became. I usually never allowed any guys to get this close me but considering the fact he was the one who dragged me out of the water that night, held something over me, I couldn't explain it, like I was bonded to him or something for he giving me another life.

Around about 2:30ish Saira dropped Lacey and I to my house so that Shane could drop her off after they "talked" and I definitely didn't want to intrude so I decided to lock myself in my room and sketch my stress out. 

That didn't stop me from constantly checking my phone to see if he had replied and if I'd accidentally missed it. 

I felt like a desperate self conscious girlfriend who always worried about her hot boyfriend cheating on them. I decided to drown my brain in some heavy rap music trying to get my mind off Caleb and the pang of hurt I kept feeling in my chest every time I thought about him with some else.

When my phone vibrated around about 7, a wave of relief washed over me when I saw Caleb's name pop up on my screen.

Caleb: Kira, I am SO SORRY that I didn't reply... can I call you and explain please?

My fingers subconsciously hovered over the screen, ready to type a reply but I thought against it and wait him out for an hour before replying which I was nearly successful at doing until he messaged again after an eternity long 10 minutes.

Caleb: Please let me call... you don't have to say anything.

I quickly thought about it before shoving all the negative thoughts at the back of my head.

Me:Okay.

I couldn't handle the suspense anymore, I needed to know why he would cold heartedly ignore me. It didn't even take me 2 seconds before his picture flashed up on my screen that I took while he wasn't looking. I hesitantly swiped the accept key to the side and held the phone close to my ear listening to his hitched breathing over the phone.

"Kira..." His deep gravelled voice sounded exhausted as he mumbled my name followed by a sigh.

"Yeah?"

"I know you're mad at me for not..." He groaned when I heard him shuffling before continuing. "I wasn't feeling too well and I didn't have the energy to move... I know you think it's the lamest excuse but I haven't left the bed at all... I've been half dead all day... I'm so sorry..." Pain was latching to his voice making my heart clench.

"Are you okay? You don't sound too good ... want me to come by?" I offered while my heart was filled with concerned for his well being.

"NO... I mean no... I don't want you to catch what ever I have... I'll explain more, later but Kira I'm so sorry... the only thing that kept me going today, was knowing that I'd have you in my arms soon... but..." His voice flittered for a moment before trailing off

"Caleb you don't sound good at all... let me come by."

"No Kira... You go to sleep now angel... I'll see you soon... Ohh I don't think I'd be able to make it to school this week ... please forgive me..." His quivering tone made me want to run to him and comfort him but I guess he didn't want me near him until he was better but I still didn't believe him. There was something inside me screaming 'liar'.

"Don't okay... you need rest to stop talking to me and go to sleep." I commanded making him chuckle at first then wince.

"I don't think I'd be able to sleep but I'll try..." He replied.

"Good night Caleb." I cooed.

"Sweet dreams angel." He tried to mirror my tone before disconnecting the phone. His voice genuinely sounded tired and hoarse making think the worst but I had to see it for myself. However I didn't miss the nick name he called me by, it was something that no one ever called before and it definitely made my bones melt.

Sleep definitely didn't conquer my mind easily that night as I kept tossing and turning wondering why he was so tired. Was he lying to me? Had I been right all along? 

Around about three o'clock I must have drifted off because the sound of Chris Brown's Don't Wake Me Up, ironically woke me up from my agitated slumber. I quickly hit the snooze button to shut it up only to notice a text from Caleb.

Caleb: Good morning Angel, hope you have a good day, text me when you can. x

However the anger within me took over making me ignore his message. All I wanted was for today day to fly by so that I could go see Caleb after school and that's why I decided to take my own car instead of getting a lift.

To my dismay, seconds felt like hours and hours felt like years before the last bell rang leaving my brain half dead when I got into my car typing Brody's address on to my phone for the directions to their house.

 So many absurd thoughts that were brawling through my head, it was unreal; I came so close to turning this car around and cutting him out from my life completely but I needed real answers and I needed to see the truth.

When I finally got to his house I wasn't surprised to find the front door unlocked because these neighbour hoods were always guarded and safe so we usually didn't bother locking our doors. I slowly walked through the long heated corridor before reaching the bottom of their stairs.

 The only room I could think of that Caleb would be in is the empty room that was situated on the left hand side of the top corridor next to the master bedroom. Silently I crawled up the tiled stairs -mentally chanting "it's gonna be okay no matter what" - soon coming in face to face with the door which I believe lead to his room. 

Countering up all the courage I had with in me I gently grabbed the silver knob and twisted it slowly to push the door open to reveal a half naked Caleb sprawled across his bed...

"WHAT THE HELL"