Truth Exposed

Kira's P.O.V.

"You haven't said anything for the past fifteen minutes." Caleb's voice was impatient with a hint of hurt buried deep within. After I overheard Shane and Aunty P's conversation, I shut myself down drowning my brain with music. 

The more I thought about the topic of their conversation, the more my heart began to clench inside. I couldn't bare the thought of them not being my real family.

"I just have a lot on my mind."

There were two reasons why I was still going to school today; first, I needed to confront Brooke so I could fix this mess Shane was in and second I just wanted to get the hell out the of the house. 

After hearing their conversation yesterday I stopped replying to Caleb's messages, which he took it as me falling asleep on him again but he immediately noticed I wasn't my usual self when I got out the door with a frown plastered over my face however he didn't push me to tell him the reason behind it.

"We can ditch..." Although my head was turned away from the diver's seat I could feel the smirk that crept up on his lips.

"I have to talk to the Hoe bag." I sighed slowly turning my head towards him only to find him chuckling under his breath.

"You don't have to fix this... this isn't your mess and I know you have something better to worry about..." His grip on the steering wheels tightened while his expression remained unfathomable.

His abrupt change in physicality startled me and the witty boy that I was always used to, vanished in thin air leaving behind a raging bull.

 I started at him for couple of seconds contemplating what I should do to calm him down so he would slow the speed of the car down. 

Without thinking I reached over quickly taking his hands that rested on his lap in a tight fist and intertwined my fingers with him, allowing immense amount of electricity to ignite from there, shooting to the pit of my stomach making me weak and chilly. 

My actions definitely surprised him as he snapped his head towards me with a questionable look and without any words I gently rubbed my thumb over the side of this wrist, with a forced smile on my face. 

He studied my expression for a short period of time with a great amount of intensity, like he was trying to barge into my soul to know what really was happened.

"It's okay Caleb..." I cooed lightly before squeezing his hands for reassurance. My vague answer was still unsatisfying to him but it still did the job as he turned his attention towards the road before sending me a slight nod.

We stayed silent throughout the rest of the journey with out fingers tangled in one another's, for some reason his touch made me feel whole again, like I was safe or I could breathe without hurting a little inside. 

I kept alternating my gaze from him and the view outside the window, his body was much relaxed however two unwelcome crease lines sat firm on his forehead which was caused because of my selfishness. 

I knew that from the very beginning he has tried to make me trust him but he didn't know that I was already having an on going battle with myself to not trust him because lately, I'd subconsciously reach out to him for comfort and care which scared me to death. 

 I didn't want to fall again for someone who could potentially leave me in the future. I wasn't ready for that yet.

After we reached the parking lot in school he let my hand go scooting up to look for a parking space and in that sudden moment I felt numb and alone again and although he was sitting right next to me. 

I couldn't help but stare at his tanned profile and electrified coal hair. It took everything in me to stop myself from reaching out and play with his hair and messing up a little bit more.

"What are you gonna do today then?" His voice was cold and emotionless just like the expression that washed across his face.

"I honestly don't know... I'm just tired... but I'll take Maya to go talk to Brooke."

By now the car was sitting perfectly still in position where he had parked and we both sat in a painful silence. The glass windows were drowning out the chitter chatters that were coming from the school's front field that was right in front of us. 

However my gaze was locked on his chiselled profile. His eyes were still fixed to towards the windshield when he took my hands back in his hands before turning his clenched face towards me.

"Kira..." He paused with a solemn look on his face making my heart accelerate. "I need you to trust me..." He slowly lifted our intertwined fingers towards his face before lightly kissing the back of my palms. The small gesture left me to shiver lightly making me squeeze his hands tighter in fear of loosing him.

"Shane and Aunty P were talking about a man we... as in me and Shane ran into yesterday and... well I dunno..." Before my brain could comprehend what was coming out of my mouth, words slipped out of lips like I was hypnotised by his dark orbs.

"It's okay..." He leaned forward to brush my cheeks softly with the back is fingers while he gently caressed my skin with his thumb. "But I need you to tell me before you decide to do anything...stupid." He lightly pinched my nose.

Instead of replying to him I decided to frown and pout at him which made him chuckle lightly.

Suddenly an absurd noise coming form the field broke the trance we were in making us tear our gaze from each other and concentrate on the barricaded crowd. We both snapped back our head towards each other with concern written all over it before tearing our hands away to get out of the car. 

I couldn't exactly see what was going on considering the fact I was tiny but Caleb on the other hand was stretching to his full length to see what was going on over people's shoulders. Once we reached the fence of bodies that created a circle like circus. 

Caleb tightly gripped my hand and pushed through the crowd before me making clear path for me and I realised this was the second time he'd done that. Once we reached the front of the circle my heart stopped.

I landed right opposite Saira's broken expression, tears were beginning to well in her eyes with her hands crossed over her body like she was protecting herself, however I didn't miss the defeated position she was in.

Shane was on my right with clenched fists while he hopelessly stared at the ground and Lacey was to my left right opposite Shane crying her eyes out while a disbelieve expression washed over her face with a hint of hurt in it. Brooke was right behind her like a dark shadow with an annoying smug look on her face.

"What's going on?" Caleb let my hand go as I walked up to Shane.

"What's going on.... I'll tell you what's going on." Brooke stepped forward with a pointed finger towards Shane. "Your beloved 'brother' played my best friend... you know how? He ALREADY has a kid with HER." She snapped her arm out pointing her finger at Saira who started to shake from the humiliation. Just then I saw Nia – one of her friends - step forward hooking her arms around Saira as a comforting gesture.

"YOU BITCH..." I nearly lunged towards her like a cheetah but Caleb caught me in mid air like I was weightless beach ball, he wrapped one arm around my waist and another across my chest while he stood behind me.

"She's not worth it." Caleb cooed in my ear as I started kicking and squirming under his hold trying to get out so I could rip her red extensions out. I was furious about the fact that she dragged Saira into this because I knew how much she has been through with her child.

"You knew?" Lacey whimpered with an accusing look on her face.