Bleeding heart

'Kira's P.O.V.

3 months later.

"Caleb hasn't messaged me this morning and last night." I panicked holding up my cell phone up, in front of Maya's face making her move back slightly with widened eyes. 

However Saira next her found my discomfort amusing as she started laughing at my foolishness.

"He might be busy you idiot." She choked out through her laugh.

"He also didn't come to get me." I frowned while pouting, earning myself an eye roll from her. She swung one of her long arm around my shoulders pulling me towards mine and Maya's homeroom.

"Look, that boy has fallen for you... BAD... so... don't you worry okay, just chill and come to mine with Maya tonight we'll watch Dear John and eat ice creams if you're feeling a bit sappy today." She offered making me smile.

"No, I don't like Dear John, the way she says she loves him and then leaves him... like who does that? I'd never do that to Caleb." I doge as I walk past the people who were tried to barge right past me and looked up to see Saira's beaming face. "What?"

"Do you realise what you just said?" She asked with the huge grin slapped across her face.

"What?" I asked as I tried to retrace my sentence.

"You just indirectly admitted you love him." She stopped in her tracks taking her arms off me so that she was facing me straight. It took me a couple of seconds to register exactly what I said and that's when I realised that I subconsciously admitted to being in love with Caleb. Widening my eyes at her, I quickly slapped a hand over my mouth in shock.

"OH MY GOSH... you DO?" She screeched excitedly flailing her arms around making most of the people turn their heads to look at us.

"You what?" Maya asked after finally catching up with us. With a shocked face I turned towards Saira who opened her mouth to speak.

"NOTHING, let's go." Grabbing Maya's wrist I made my way through the crowd, walking away from the laughing blond girl. Quickly sobering up from the shock, I turned my head side ways to give her a death glare over my shoulder making her laugh even harder.

"K, what was Saira saying?" Maya asked when we settled ourselves down in homeroom.

Sighing I turned towards her with a questionable look. "I..." I scrunched my nose up hinting that I didn't know exactly what to say to her.

"K, you've always been there for me, please, I want to be there for you." She said with a solemn look on her face making my heart melt. Maya had actually been my friend since the first time I got here and Caleb had taught me a lot over these 3 months. 

He taught me that it was okay to trust other people like they trust me, it was okay to let people in like they let me in and because of him I decided to tell her my whole life story like I know hers.

"Okay, fine, let's go out for lunch and I'll tell you everything." I suggested with a sigh.

"Finally..." She breathed out in relief.

"I know I'm acting like a clingy girl and I honestly don't want to be clingy ... or over think ... but I don't know Maya, I actually like this guy... like a lot..." I admitted to her as the lump in my throat grew.

"Calm down okay, I understand where you're coming from and Caleb isn't like that... us girls always tend to overthink no matter how much we try not to because we care just a bit too much and that's how we are K, like Lana Del Rey said... This is what makes us girls." She smiled making me laugh at her song preference.