Art class

Kira's P.O.V.

"You like art?" I nervously asked Caleb after Shane, Devon, and Maya left for their classes in the other building.

"Erm yeah, I've always loved painting actually." He casually put both of his hands in his Levi pockets as he was staring at the ground while we were walking to class.

"You can sit next to me if you want." I crossed my arms and looked up at him however he was avoiding any form of eye contact.

"Don't you have other people who want to sit with you." He quickly glanced down at me and immediately turned away.

"Nah, I like to sit alone." I flicked my wrist casually.

"You don't have to treat me special 'cause of you know..." He trailed off with a little nod in my direction.

"Wait, you're not gonna blackmail me are you?"

"NOO... are you kidding me." He halted in his place as I turned around to face him.

Damn, those eyes.

"Then you can definitely sit next to me." I quickly turned around, tiptoeing, before I drowned into the trance his eyes.

"Wouldn't your boyfriend mind?" Now I halted in my place only to have him dump into back lightly. With a confused look on my face, I turned around only to have him look more confused with a hint of sadness washing over his eyes.

"Devon?" he questioned with an arched eyebrow.

"Devon? Really?" This guy is crazy. "Devon is my partner in crime, we torture teachers together, I wouldn't even call him my best friend considering I don't have any." I annoyingly frowned at him and turned away again to walk into class.

After he introduced himself to the entire class, he decided to take me up on my offer and sat down next to me. I avoided any type of eye contact with a sour face.

"You look cute when you pout." A husky voice echoed in my ear as his minty breeze glided of my hair making it brush against my warm cheeks. I couldn't help but smile at the puppy dog face he created.

"Thank you." I sent a genuine smile at his direction. "Devon is my buddy, we are pretty close, only to the human eyes..." I smirked at him. "... And he was only trying to make Maya jealous." I wasn't supposed to tell him that but this familiar stranger already knows too much.

"Ohhh" I guess he had a 'lightbulb' moment as he made an 'o' shape with this mouth while leaning back against his chair, stretching his left arm out and resting it on the back of my chair.

"And you're not supposed to know that..." I whispered to him while pretending I was listening to the teacher.

"Then why did you tell me?" I could feel his breath lingering near my ear which I had covered with my curtain straight long hair.

"I... don't know, I didn't want you to jump into conclusions... I guess." What was I doing, it's none of his business who I date.

"Uh-huh..." he leaned back again on his chair with a casual smirk on his face.

"What do you have last?" I glanced over my shoulder as he took a piece of paper out of his jacket pocket and unfolded it before settling it down on the table as he leaned forward. His chin was nearly touching my shoulder which caused my heart to skip a little faster than I would have liked

Why am I nervous? I don't get nervous... Concentrate Kira, you can never like someone.

"You have Gym and I have Dance, don't worry I'll take you, and you need to stop smirking." I had to put him in his place before I start getting "butterflies"... Ew, I mean, we really wouldn't like it, if we literally had them in our tummies now would we?

"Are you calling me unattractive?" Overdramatically he put his other hand on his heart and frowned while making an overly large "O" shape with his mouth.

"I didn't say that, just keep the smirking to a minimum." I just had to rub it in his face with a smirk.

"First of all..." He held his first finger up while others rested folded in his palm. "I'm sexy, look around the room for proof" Then he held up his middle finger. "And second of all, you just smirked, so if I can't smirk, you can't either."

"I didn't smirk; it's called a half smile." I made a quick but light come back.

"Then I did that." He smirked again.

"You can't steal my excuse, find your own." By now I was fully smiling and glaring at his deep dark eyes.

"You know, you're not how I imagined you would be." He had a distinct hint of confusion in his voice while his face still stayed playfully mischievous.

"How did you imagine I would be? Depressed?" I arched an eyebrow at him as I pressed my lips together.

"Not necessarily... just not as feisty." His face dropped when he leaned forward on the table, interlocking his fingers together as he rested both his elbows on the table. He cocked his head away from me so his face would end up inches away from mine.

"Aww..." I made a puppy dog face pushing my bottom lip slightly forward. "Were you expecting to have a bad boy moving into a new school and swooping a good girl off her feet romance?" I spoke to him like he was a 10-year-old girl who lost her Barbie. "'Cause you know, if you're looking for that, I'm not the right girl for you." I straightened up my face while turning to the front of the class.

"Who said that I was looking for anything like that?" There was a slight amusement in his voice as he chuckled.

"Just a hunch, you know that always happens right?" I turned my head to face him. "Plus, I don't do boyfriends or dates or sleeping around, so whatever you're looking for, you won't find it here." I pointed at myself at the end of the sentence with a fake smile which disappeared when I turned to the front of the class again followed by an eye roll.

"So what type of a person are you then?" His voice sounded sincere and low.

"You'll never figure me out." I opened my art book and tapped my pencil on the clean rough white page wondering what to sketch.

"Ohh really? Is that a challenge?" He seemed interested as he leaned over my elbow.

"It's a promise..." I replied with the same tone that he possessed in his voice.

"Okay, let's make a deal..." This should be interesting. "If I can figure you out by the end of this week, would you go on a date with me..."Before I could say anything he interrupted me "...Not saying that you have to trust me or anything, just an innocent date if I can get 5 things right about you."

"You're kidding me right?" I arched both of my eyebrows at him.

"Yeah, be glad I'm not blackmailing you into going on a date with me." He licked his bottom lip and smirked at me.

"5 things?" I inquired "Like what kind of things?"

"Like something personal about you." He crossed his arms on the table and rested his temple on the back curve of his wrists.

"Okay, considering the fact you won't get anything right then, cool." I delivered that comment with a calm voice and a poised manner.

After that, he didn't say anything at all as he was glued to his position while staring at me the whole lesson and every time I would tell him to stop he would just smirk, nod his head and carry on staring. 

I knew I had dance and he had Gym, which takes place in the same place but on the opposite sides of the hall which made me slightly nervous because if he keeps gawking at me, people will think something is going on.

As the deafening sound of the bell bolted through the classroom, I quickly shoved everything in my side bag and dragged Caleb outside with me which startled him.

-------------
This chapter was edited by DarkRose4581