Party time

"I doubt that..." I slowly tilted my face upwards towards his. "I would have forgiven him... I'm not even disappointed at him... I'm just angry and upset that I lost my best friend that day and yes I was devastated when I heard he was gone but I was already so numb... I just didn't feel anything."

"You need to visit him..." He stated and just as I opened my mouth to protest he clamped his hand over my mouth. "Not now... but soon... You need closer. And that's the only way you can let the resentment go. I know... that you know it wasn't really his fault. 

"You just need to blame it on someone and honestly it wasn't anyone's fault. Believe that, everything happened so fast I don't think anyone could have prevented that." He explained which I only nodded to; due to the fact he definitely made sense.

"I've never spoken to anyone about it honestly. I mean ... I still have that dull ache in my chest and sometimes my heart feels so heavy that I can't even breathe..." I sighed calming myself down after that marathon of emotions. 

"Anyways, I was in the system for so long it made it easier for the private investigators to track me down and when I woke up I was bombarded with the information about Shane and Penelope being my real family and everything happened so fast and before I knew it I was on a plane to Alaska."

"Weren't you scared?" He asked getting closer to me before gathering me in his arms again allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

"Honestly I just wanted to get away from that place and I really found comfort in those strangers so I didn't hesitate. After Tanya was gone, I left." My eyes felt tired and heavy. "Can we go sleep, I'm really tired."

"Yeah you go up and raid my closet and I'll wait up till Shane gets here with your stuff." He suggested untangling himself from away giving me some space to get up. Just before walking out of the room I halted to turn around to find him staring at me as I walk away from him.

"Thank you for everything Caleb." I told him with a genuine smile.

"Anything for you..." He returned the smile I gave and with a slight nod I walked out of the room.

I knew there was no way I sleeping in the guest room so I decided to take my bag which I left at the bottom of the stairs, to Caleb's room and raid his closet. His closet was smaller than mine considering the fact he was a guy and didn't need the extra space. 

I opened the closest drawer and smiled taking out the Spiderman boxers he had. Closing the drawer I looked around finding a plain dull brown white t-shirt which was long enough to reach down to my knees and taking that out I quickly took a short shower before drifting into a dreamless sleep alone in his bed surrounded by his musky sent.

*****

Just like every day I woke up by myself before 7 to get ready for school, however this time I wasn't alone. Half of Caleb's body was nearly on top of me with his one of his arms draped across my torso and one of his legs caging mine as his thigh rested across my thighs. 

But that wasn't all; he was using my boobs as a pillow. With a frown I reached over to the night stand and slide my phone open to find the horn ringtone to wake him but just when I was about to hit play the wounds on his back came on display as the comforter slid down off his back. 

My heart clenched again at that view, forcing me to put the phone back down on the night stand and with a sigh I allowed one of my hands to trace along edges of his wounds while the other hand rested on the side of his face.

My heart felt a lot lighter than it did yesterday and my thoughts were fresh and untangled. I knew I had to come to terms with the truth one day and whoever quoted that truth would set you free was right.