Let me explain

Caleb's P.O.V.

"Get out." Maya shouted trying to close the door at Devon's face. "I don't wanna see his face here." She struggled against Devon's hold but soon gave in due to the fact he was much bigger and stronger than her.

"Look we just-"

"No... You all have caused enough damage already. She doesn't need anymore." She stated firmly before trying to slam the door on our faces again which Devon quickly blocked.

"I just need say something that's all." I pleaded praying I'd be able to explain at least that I did everything to protect her.

"Yeah well she's not here... Her dad came so she had to go." She told me looking directly in my eyes trying to hint something that I couldn't quite grasp.

If it was Kira I would have got it in a heartbeat.

She rolled her eyes at my confused face and told Devon to wait in the car.

"I know about her whole history and how you two went to the same school and stuff but that's not the point. Her dad's here, I don't know why but wait till tomorrow to talk to her." She told me after Devon was out hearing range.

"But school ends tomorrow then its spring vacation." I reminded her.

"And how is that my fault?" She frowned crossing her arms across her chest.

"No... I mean... would she still want to talk to me?" I asked not knowing what to do.

"I don't know..." With that she turned out and slammed the door on my face.

****

In all honesty as a guy feeling these distorted feeling was a symbol of weakness however the feeling I felt towards Kira were strong enough to over shadow it. Usually when a girl is upset you can see it on their facebook statues or tweets but Kira totally f*cked with my mind by being different. 

At one point I honestly thought me being away from her didn't bother her at all. Yes, I admit she was quieter but she never showed weakness to make me think she missed me; she never once even looked at me. 

 Also, I didn't help by hiding away in the shadows because I was the biggest coward ever, I just couldn't face her because I was scared of how disgusted her expressions might become when she saw me. 

Even right now, laying still like a corpse on my bed at 2:34am on a school night was a clear example of how I became so use to sleeping in her bed that my own bed felt foreign to me.

I nearly drove to her house and barged in to talk to her but then I reminded myself that I'm not the only problem she has to deal with right now. She has her own issues that she has to tackle by herself. I just had to wait till tomorrow with or without sleep.

***

God I missed her.

That's all I could think all day throughout school because every time I tried to talk to her she'd purposely avoid me but I couldn't blame her after what I had to her. 

She couldn't even look me in the eye when I stood right in her way so she'd at least stop and say something but she dogged my blocks and swiftly made her way towards art. 

I also noticed she wasn't talking to any of the other boys which I was more than happy about because it physically killed me every time I'd see them talk to her and laugh about with her when they were the reason why I couldn't do that.

"Can I talk to you?" I finally caught up to her at lunch.

"No, I have other things to do."

Ouch...

Talk about getting yourself shot with your own gun with the girl you trust the most. I didn't know how much pain can be inflicted by a couple of words until now. She threw my own line back at me making me realise the amount of pain she must have went through when I had been the one saying it to her.

I just stood there in the hall way like an idiot without limbs and watched her walk away in a hurry. With every step she took, she managed to pull a string tied to something inside my chest that crippled me physically making sick to my stomach.

I knew I had to talk to her, make her understand that it wasn't my fault but I needed help. If I asked Saira she'd kick my balls so I chose the safer option which was Maya and from what I learned yesterday she could be lethal too.

Maya was with Kira the whole lunch but when they parted I followed her and nearly ambushed her by her locker.

"Please bring her by the back pitching grounds after school... Please I'm begging you."

"GO AWAY." She shouted making other people snap their heads back towards us but I couldn't care less.

"Please, just do it okay." I asked-ordered because I couldn't go a day more without her not knowing my point of view to the situation.

****

Time.

Time can be such a pain in the ass sometimes. I needed the day to end as soon as possible but it probably took about an hour of a second to pass as I sat through my last lessons. 

I don't know why I ended up changing my lessons that I had with her because at least I would have been able to see her. I honestly didn't understand most of the reasons to my actions.

I don't think we understand ourselves.

However when the time came, I felt like backing out as it kept feeling more and more like the apocalypse. From the place where I was standing I could see her tiny figure emerge from the back of the building making her way across the field over to the pitch near the trees. 

She wore a simple turquoise dress with her hair dead straight. Her natural golden tinted dark brown hair was wavy but recently she made it straight.

I honestly don't understand how girls get time in the morning to do all of these.

When her golden eyes met mine, it was like time had stopped. Her eyes were cold; it reminded me of the eyes I encountered when I pulled her out of the water. She slowly approached like a me predator placing herself quiet a good few feet away from me.

"How are you?" I asked after a long enduring silence.

"I'm okay! How are you?" She asked in a hoarse tone.

"I'm okay." I replied not knowing what to tell her.

She let another long minute pass by between us but never removed her eyes away from mine.

"Look, I have to-" I stepped forward only to have her take a step back away from me like she was disgusted.

"I don't wanna hear it. I know why you did and what you did. It just doesn't make sense." She retorted back to so much venom in her voice, it slightly scared me of the outcome of this conversation.

"I did it to protect you." I reassured her.

"You can't protect me if you don't tell me. How do you know I wouldn't have accidently ran into it. This is not the movies... You protect people by telling them what you're protecting them from... What you did was stupid." I've honestly never seen her mad. I'd go out of my way and say it was a major turn on but I know