Chapter 1

Avery's tears just kept slipping from her eyes, just like heavy rain on a stormy night, She hasn't cried in a while but the memories burned at the back of her mind taking away all of her sanity. She clutched her legs to her chest next to her bed, her shirt was stained from the tears that kept cascading down her face like a waterfall taking it's natural course. No desire to stop them as the pain engulfed her completely . She shut her eyes feeling a flood of sorrow take over her at the thought of him. She couldn't sleep even if she tried too, the salty bitter rivulets rolled onto her full lips. For hours she sat there clutched unable to speak, her eyes glinted with sadness as she tried to fight the tears, to stop thinking about him, but that's all she could do everything reminded her of him. His scent, essence lived within the cradles of her broken heart. Feeling like her voice gave out from her, she screamed internally over and over again wishing it would wash away her feelings. She placed her shaking palm on her chest over her heart in an effort to steady the loud beating, the aching pain that was taking all of her. For all she gave, she got nothing but utter misery in return. She thought that she knew him, but boy was she wrong.

And it burnt slowly, painfully creating holes into the deepest parts of her soul, as she sheed tear after tear. Her eyes bloodshot red as she recalled everything. The memories swarmed over her, toying with her mind. Proving her yet again that all she knew about him was nothing but a big fat lie.

Staring at the phone on the table across, she placed her hands on the sides of her head to cover up her ears as the phone kept ringing a familiar tune. She didn't dare to answer although her heart whispered softly 'maybe he will have an explanation', the rational part of her didn't let her.

She forgot how many times he called and how much he had banged on her door earlier that day. His voice was raspy and desperate as he spoke earlier behind that door today "I'm sorry Avy, love please it's not what you saw just let me explain...I love you!"

She had kept her ears peeled to the door clenching her jaw tightly trying to steady her breathing but she never dared to open the door. Avery couldn't stand any more lies, feeling nothing but betrayal she had to quench the fire that burned her deeply, the part of her that wanted to confront him once and for all. Instead she stilled herself hoping he will leave, she needed time to trance out of the illusion after all that was all he was just an illusion in her mind.

The phone rang again snapping Avery from her thoughts. She picked it up in her palm this time staring at his screen name and the picture they took together. It's when it dawned on her, she was just a big fat lie. They were nothing but lie. It pained her to finally realise that she never meant anything to him if anything it seemed she was just a part of some twisted game he played over and over.

The events pondered in her head as she felt the oxygen get trapped into her lungs. How was she not able to see this till now. 'Was I blind? Did love make me blind?' The questions were loud and clear in her head, she repeated them so many times they were engraved into every part of her brain.

The home phone rang this time, Avery didn't bother to pick up either letting the voicemail answer Hey it's Avery I'm not home so leave me a message, she bit down on her lip to stop the sobbing as she remembered the time when she recorded that message her voice was so relaxed, happy. Shooting daggers at the machine as it made a beeping sound she heard a well known voice, his voice.

"Baby please, just talk to me give a chance to explain myself I'm so sorry." He spoke, his voice was desperate, apologetic and if she didn't know better she could've sworn that he cried. But she knew better than that Tom never cried not even in his darkest days. His words made her breath hitch and her stomach twist into a tight knot.