Chapter 12

Avery's P.O.V

The ring on my phone pierced right through my ears "Please just stop ringing!" I mutter out in frustration pulling the pillow over my head. It was my first night home in my own bed and someone had to call and call. Whoever it was sure doesn't know how to give up. I wait for it to stop ringing and it did. I smile pulling the pillow of my head and laying on it again. It was just shortly when the phone started ringing again. "Not again!" I almost yell getting up to search for my phone. My hair was such a mess that I could probably scare someone right now. Looking around I finally locate the source of the ringing. Taking it I didn't bother looking who was calling I just picked it up nervously "Hello!" I say beyond frustrated.

"Hey it's Sarah did I wake you?" I hear my friend's voice over the phone suddenly I feel horrible for not picking up the first time but then it was five in the morning.

"Um yeah, sorry I didn't pick up the first time." I say calming down and sitting down on the sofa in my living room.

"I'm sorry too what time is it there?" she asks, Sarah was the one who constantly traveled everywhere she never stays too long into one place I'm sure she's on the other side of the world right now.

"It's 5 am, what time is it where you are?" I say rubbing on my forehead I had a pounding headache must have been from the drinks last night.

"It's 7am here, I'm so sorry that I woke you up I forgot what time it was there!" she apologizes, "It's fine how are you?" I ask placing my hand on my cheek wanting to wake up faster.

"I'm good, it's what I'm calling you about I'm flying over there should be in a few hours I was wondering if I could crash at your place..." she says and I feel my eyes opening up wide "Hell yes I'd love to see you it's been a long time!" I almost sequel in excitement. I hear her laugh over the phone at my reaction "I can't wait to see you too!"

"Do you need me to pick you up?" I ask concerned although I was still in no condition to drive.

"No don't worry about it, I'll take a cab you still live on the same address babes?" she asks nonchalantly "Yes still at the same old place!" I yawn before pushing myself upwards on the couch.

"I have to go now my flight will take off soon, get some rest sorry again see you in a few hours!" she says and I barely get a chance to say bye before she hangs up. I place my phone on the wooden table in front of me before stretching my arms a little. I stare at the clock on the living room wall it showed 5:15 before looking around my living room it was a mess from last night there were still beer cans, glasses and trays of chips left around the apartment. "Ughh got to clean." I mumble frowning before looking at the clock again "But then again she said in a few hours" I think to myself trying to pull up my lazy butt from the couch to the bed. I somehow manage to drag my feet to the bed before plopping on it pulling on the blanket over my head to doze off safe and soundly.

I wake up from the rays of sunlight through the blinds on my window, hugging me pillow tightly I didn't feel like getting up but then I remember that Sarah is coming over. I push myself upright almost instantly at the thought rubbing my eyes. I get up to the living room it was only 8 am but I had a lot to get done. I look around the mess before quickly pulling the beer cans into a trash bag and putting all the glasses in the dishwasher.

It took me an hour or so but I was finally happy with how the room looked, I smile proudly before adjusting the pillow on the couch. Looking down at myself I realized I wore one of Tom's old t-shirts that he had in my house I must off put it on while buzzed last night. I tug on it lightly pulling it to my nose it still smelled on him, God I really missed him. I push my thoughts away right now I needed to get dressed and get things done.