Chapter 9

A/N Chapters from 9-15 are currently being rewritten and will be switched as soon as they are done ( general content is the same but there will be no more p.o.v ) hope it's not to confusing so far :) 

Avery's P.O.V

A slapping sound echoes my mind over and over as I run in the night. I need to get away and fight the feelings the pain that consumes me, pain that is eating my soul alive. A bright light shines in my eyes as I feel something hit me hard. The physical pain matches the one on the inside as I feel myself falling on the dark pavement. Unable to speak or open my eyes. I lay there immobile, slowly losing consciousness.

I wake up breathing heavily covered in sweat entirely. I push myself a little upwards trying to sit up. I've been having this dream over and over for the past week, yet I still don't know what happened. I try and lift my hands up trembling all the way to the top of my hair. It felt dump this seemed to drain all the energy I had. Not remembering what happened that night bugged me a lot. Sure I had other memory loops little things I couldn't remember but not knowing what caused this accident was by far the worst.

I sat quietly thinking what could have happened to me that night, when the door of my room cracked open and Saloni and Andi went in with coffee in their hands.

"Oh good, she's awake!" smiles Andi before looking at my sweat covered face "Are you okay?" she asks worried.

"Just a bad dream.." I trail off; Saloni looks at me worried before sitting on the chair next to my bed.

"The same dream again?" she asks while helping me dry my face and hair with a towel, I nod before adjusting myself better on the bed.

"What happened to me that night?" I ask, for the millionth time as Saloni and Andi look at each other deciding whether or not they should tell me.

"Umm Avery, what happened is well..." my sister hesitates before speaking; I can feel my heart pound loudly in my chest.

"He feels awful about what happened that night.." she continues, I think to myself who is he? The door of my room cracks open again I see Tom with a huge grin on his face looking at me. I sigh they'll never tell me now.

"It's better that Tom tells you!" says Saloni giving me a reassuring smile I fixate my look on Tom as Saloni gets up and hands him her cup of coffee "Tell her what?" he asks titling his head in confusion as Andi and Saloni somewhat skip out of the room.

"About what happened the day of the accident!" I say determent to find out he suddenly gets a little nervous running his fingers through his blonde hair.

"Avy, I don't want to talk about that night it hurts me too much." he says lowering his head, but I had to find out.

"I know baby, but not knowing is killing me" I look at him all puppy eyed biting my slightly on my lover lip, he sighs his smile long faded. He sat next to me on the bed holding my hand "Well I don't know too much of what happened either, we were supposed to meet up at this bar Hemingway and I was waiting for you in front of it when I saw you run like crazy it was than when I saw a person chased you and I started running towards you to help when I heard the crashing sound and your body fell on the pavement." he says his eyes teary but somehow I'm not convinced.

"Really?" I ask he nods "But I dream of that night over and over for a week now I remember slapping someone, it doesn't add up to what you're saying." I ask looking at him suspiciously his face seems to lose color as he becomes slightly paler by the second.

"Maybe you slapped the guy that was chasing you.." he trails off looking down to his feet.

"But why would I slap a stranger and why would he chase me?" I question again "I don't know baby." he says simply not even looking at me.