Chapter 14

Avery's P.O.V

I walk slowly at the graveyard swallowing hard at the image of the casket placed in the middle on a high stool. I drag my feet unwillingly with Sarah and Aaron. I didn't want to accept the fact of who was inside of that casket the the mare thought of it broke my heart into a thousand pieces. I wipe the tears that slip from my eyes "Stay strong for Rupert." Whispers Sarah in my ear I nod as I approach Rupert.

His light blue eyes portrayed nothing but sadness and grief. I pulled him into a tight hug trying to fight back my own tears "I'm so sorry Rup!" I say feeling my voice crack he hugged me tightly "Why did this have to happen to her!" He whispers sobbing into my hair. I wanted to say that it will all be better, that life will go on but I couldn't my lips wouldn't move to the words, instead I just hugged him tightly before pulling away just slightly "You have to be strong Rup, Andi wouldn't want you to be like this she's at a better place now." I swallow on my own tears he just nods.

I pay my respects to Andi's family as well, the loss his them hard her mother was fixated next to the casket staring at it crying. No parent ever wants to outlive their child, simple as that it seemed that her mother aged in just one day her hands shaking and eyes weary from all the crying she stood by the coffin in some sort of a trance praying to hopefully wake up from the bad dream. Her father, stood by her mother pulling her back "It will only make you feel worse..." he spoke softly wiping his tears as his wife cried into his shoulder.

I look over at her brother he sat on the chairs on the right side of the casket staring at his feet face paler than ever barely holding on his tears. I sit next to him "I'm sorry Alex..." I trail off sniffling just slightly he lifts his gaze to mine "It's all my fault.." His dark brown eyes appeared almost crystal, glossy from all the tears he held back. I place my hand on his shoulder as to comfort him "It's not your fault Lex.." I say staring him in the eyes.

"Of course it is, had I not broken my stupid arm she would of been here now." He lowers his gaze again not able to fight the tears anymore. I scoot closer to him "It's not your fault, Alex how could you possibly know..." I whisper quietly to him he wipes his tears with his hand looking up "I guess..I just..." he mumbles under his breath. Other family members come up to him to pay their respects I get up giving them some privacy.

In the corner of my eye I see Saloni and Matt approaching Rupert. Soon enough the place was crowded with people. Yet not that one person I hoped would come, then how could he he was filming a movie.

"Avery..." I flitch turning around fast I could of sworn that it was Tom's voice but that was just Matt. "Did I scare you?" He asks placing his hand on my shoulder I shake my head no. "The ceremony is about to start let's sit down." He says quietly I nod again before taking a seat next to my sister and Sarah. I look around at the people seated, dressed in black and crying, it was a heart wrenching scene.

The priest starts the prayers I feel more tears slipping from my eyes. Pain consumed me today, that right there could've been me just a couple of months ago had Tom not convinced my sister to keep me alive on the machines. "Is this all that life is, constant pain" I think to myself before gazing upon the people seated on the chairs. My breath gets caught in my throat when I see a short blonde hair in the second row. I tilted my head to see if it was really him he moved to wipe the tears of his eyes. My heart almost stopped "He was here" I take a sharp breath swallowing hard. I couldn't stop myself from staring at his spot.

"Avery are you coming?" I hear my name being called and it trances me out of my thoughts. Everyone's eyes turn at me I feel my cheeks flush in embarrassment before nodding. I straighten my black dress before getting up to where Rupert was standing .

Tom's eyes met mine, they pierced straight through my soul. I clear my throat out before starting "I remember the day when I introduced Andi to Rupert," I pause as the memory plays by like a movie in my mind. "She was so excited, coming into my apartment saying how he was the one. I have never seen her like that before ever." I wipe the tears in my own eyes before continuing. "Her death left a heartache in me so big, as I know it left in all of you here but her memory will live on with us forever." Everyone stares at me with tears in their eyes I try so hard to stop my own but when Tom looks at me I just lose it for a second.