Chapter 6

Tom's heart sank low when the doctor stated that there are bad news. He looked around the hospital hall, the sad faces of the people that waited for news just like them. His eyes stopped to a family that tensed whenever a doctor passed. But for them this was the moment of truth "Is she ok?" Tom asked again his voice trembling more as his chest tightened, he was afraid of the answer.

"A rapture in some of the blood vessels happened, we stabilized her but I'm sorry to say that she fell into a coma." Said the doctor. Tom felt the tears building up into his eyes yet again, feeling the salty taste of them as they slid down his cheeks and onto his lips. This whole thing was entirely his fault. His mind was an endless haze of guilt he couldn't stop from cursing himself under his breath. If only he had done things differently. Aching pain cradled itself into his chest, one that drained the life out of him.

"Is she going to be ok?" He asked swallowing hard, he could never forgive himself for this. In his peripheral vision he watched Saloni sobbing loudly into Matt's jumper her fingers gripping tightly onto Matt's waist he held her tight whispering stuff into her hair.

"She's fine for now, but I cannot say when she'll wake up from the coma." Stated the doctor, his posture was rigid but his brown eyes showed sympathy although he had probably done this a lot in his career.

"Can we see her?" Asked Saloni her voice was trembling, never in his life had he seen her so vulnerable it made his heart crumble more at the pain he caused her.

"It's better that you don't see her at the moment, she needs to rest, " started the doctor then paused for a second "I have to go I have another patient." He followed and Tom nodded weakly before he left. It left them into the tense situation they were in before.

"If something happens to her I will never forgive you, and that bitch!" Saloni spat at Tom but Andi quickly retorted towards her "Put yourself together Saloni!" She raised her hand towards her cheek and wiped her own tears and crossed the distance to where Saloni stood "Avery is a fighter, she'll live through this you will see." She pulled her into a tight embrace.

"It's not Tom's fault, accidents happen." Andi added while pulling away from the hug and locking her dark brown eyes at Tom's stormy blue eyes. He felt as if someone stabbed him over and over, each stab hurt worse than the previous one. His heart was swamped with guilt and sadness, well in the end it is entirely his fault.

"Come let's get some coffee and calm down for a second." Said Matt trying to ease up on the tension. "No!" Cried out Saloni "I want to see my sister!" she sobbed shaking visibly causing Matt to pull her into his chest yet again.

"I know honey, but you can't see her now she needs to rest." He soothed her kissing the top of her head.

"Matt is right let's sit and chill for a little, we could all use some coffee." said Andi, Dakota and Daniel just nodded they had been awfully quiet through it all although it was evident that they were as pained as any of the group. Andi started leading the way to the cafeteria but Tom couldn't even move his feet into the direction, he stood there immobile. He couldn't chill it was stronger than him, the pain was eating him up alive.

"You all go I don't want coffee." He said lowering his gaze to his feet.

"You go guys, Tom and I will go get some fresh air." Said Rupert softly looking into Tom's direction. Tom shook his head no "I want to stay here!" He protested.

"No! You're coming with me, you aren't doing any good by sitting here. C'mon mate!" Rupert said sternly placing his hand on Tom's shoulder. The blonde left a heavy sigh and nodded "I guess you're right.."