Chapter 10

Avery's P.O.V

I stare blankly at the parking lot from the cafeteria window, my sister and Andi thought that would be good change for me. I catch myself thinking about Tom yet again as Saloni and Andi talked on and on about which meal was better in this cafeteria. I could care less; my appetite was lost ever since that argument with Tom a week ago. Deep in my heart I wanted to forgive him but my mind would have none of it "Don't be an idiot Avery!" I mumble under my breath yet somehow I hoped that I'd see him park his car at the parking lot.

"Earth to Avery!" I trance out seeing Andi wave her hands in front of my face. "Oh sorry, what were you saying?" I ask looking towards them.

"What would you like to eat?" she asks I just stare at her blankly "Umm whatever you're having." I trail off I wasn't hungry anyways.

"Avy, what's wrong?" asks my sister concern fills her eyes I sigh "Tom, I miss him when I know I shouldn't." I place my hand on my temple rubbing it slowly in frustration.

"Avery, hun you should have seen all the stuff Tom did when you were in a comma," says Andi with a small smile over her face.

"I know he was there for me the whole time even after I woke up." I say stating the obvious but she shakes her head I look at her with a big question mark written all over my face.

"Did you know that he spent every day here, that he completely left his job he hasn't attended a single event since you're here," she starts I feel my jaw drop slightly work meant everything to Tom I couldn't believe that he would just abandon it for me. "That's not even all, I wish you could see him declining a good movie role that was offered to him, he was broken Avy." she says I suddenly feel like I was unfair to him.

"I also have a confession to make sis, and before I start I would like to say sorry.." Saloni says softly I stare at her even more confused "Why would you apologize to me?"

"A month before you woke up the Dr.Shone suggested that we should pull the plugs on you," she starts wiping a tear that slid from her big brown eyes. I pale immediately "I was going to do it, but Tom stopped me because he believed in you!" she says with tears in eyes. I feel my throat close up and my eyes fill up with tears "He did that for me?" was all I could mutter out, Saloni nods sobbing lightly.

"Please don't cry sis!" I say extending my hand to her "But I keep thinking what if I didn't listen to him." she sighs I try to put on a smile "Anyone would have felt pressured in that circumstance."

"Avery, Tom deserves your forgiveness, he really loves you. Rup and I went to visit him he's been a mess this whole week." Andi speaks softly making me feel bad. It made me wonder if I overacted. I know for sure that I love him with everything I have inside my heart and soul but I don't know if that's enough.

"I do love him Andi I just don't want it to go back to what it used to be before this accident. I really need some time to sort my thoughts."I sigh tangling my fingers in my hair.

"What are we going to eat?" I ask trying to change the subject. Saloni wipes her tears "I almost forgot about that!" she says.

"Enough being mushy go get the food!" chuckles Andi I shake my head those two can be so serious and act like kids the next second. Saloni got up to get the food and it was short after when she placed a plate of creamy chicken pasta in front of me. The smell of it made my stomach growl. I took a bite it was as delicious as it smelled.

"This is really good!" I say shocked usually the stuff I tried from this cafeteria weren't as good. "We found a secret treasure here." winks Saloni. Andi starts laughing "More like we tipped the lady in the cafeteria really well."

"You just have to give up all the secrets!" pouts Saloni at her like a little girl I can't help but chuckle at their childlike behavior. Not that I was any better to be honest.

After we finished lunch Saloni pushed me to my room quietly, to quietly for my liking "Sis, you know I'm not mad at you?" I turn my head towards her looking her straight in the eyes.

"Eh I know, but I can't help feeling mad at myself." she shrugs her shoulders I just feel more bad for putting her in that position. "Well don't or I will get mad at you for real!" I jokingly threaten her before smiling. The corners of her lips curve up in a smile "Fine." she says.

"You sure you don't need anything else?" She asks me before helping me get in my bed. I sit up supporting my back on the pillow. "No just go to work, you know your boss isn't the kindest person." I say, she groans in frustration "I know I can't stand him!"

"That's why you need to go." I say trying to sound as stern as possible, she hugs me tightly "Fine, but promise to call me if you need something?" she asks looking me straight in the eyes.

"I promise sister!" I put my hand over my heart; she smiles before leaving me alone closing the door shut. I slide lower on the bed letting my head hit the pillow being in this hospital is so boring. I hear the door crack open. "What did you forget sis?" I ask with a chuckle but it wasn't her.

A man around the age of forty entered the room with a huge bouquet "Are you Ms. Avery Jonson?" he asks adjusting his black hat on the top of his head. I nod a yes before he hands me the flowers and a paper to sign on.

"Thank you!" I say signing as quickly as I can with a smile on my face.

"I hope you get better soon!" he smiles back before leaving the room. I stare at the flowers that lay on my lap. The bouquet was a mixture of white and light pink colored roses, orchids and tulips. I picked them up to smell them when I saw the note.

I know you wanted to keep distance and I'm sorry if this breaks that. I just wanted to make your room look prettier. I hope you're doing better Avery I miss you quite terribly.

~Love Tom

Reading that made my heart beat thousand times per second. I picked up my phone wanting to call him and say I love and miss him too. I unlocked my phone when it dawned on me "We're not together anymore. You can't hold on to him when you need time to think!" I say to myself quietly. My background picture appears it was me and Tom all cute hugged on the couch in his house. I felt a warm feeling to my heart, why did love have to be this way I think trying to push the idea of calling him out of my mind. I log on facebook scrolling when I see a post on TMZ's fan page it was a video of Tom. Instinctively I played it without any hesitation.

"How do you feel after the break up Tom?" Asked the reporter he didn't say anything but I could feel the discomfort in his face "I would prefer if we talked about something else!" he says sternly and the reporter asks "I heard you got a movie offer for a movie in the USA, are you going to take it?" asks the reporter and again my heart beats a thousand per second.

"Yes, I need to get out of here for a while!" he says and I pause the video. My heart sinks to my stomach as I turn off the facebook and push the phone aside. All wishes off calling him fade away "It's better for both of us like this.." I mumble under my breath.