Chapter 5

The sound of heels clicking by the white tiles rumbled against the depressing cries and sobs through the hospital hall. The clicking sound came to an end when the two women stopped in front of one room. "You can go see her now, she's sleeping though." Said a nurse with a smile plastered across her face, her short bobbed brown hair hugged her round shaped face making the slight wrinkles under her green eyes pop out more. The other woman stood in front of Avery's room with a smile spread across her face "Thank you." She said before the nurse left. The women turned on her heels and creaked the door open before stepping in and closing it shut.

She took three measured steps, her heels clicking roughly against the tiles in the room disturbing the silence she pressed her hands on the metal bed frame. The women couldn't stop the hair on her neck to rise from the shiver she got when entering the room, of all the things she imagined into her wildest imagination, her wishes and desires she never quite thought of this. Fate surely had its ways "Well, well what do we have here," she spoke in a low voice as a smirk tugged itself on her lips.

"In all my plans to get rid of you I never thought of this, surely it's good to see you here, in a way although I wasn't planning on it. " She toyed with a strand of her curly hair as she neared Avery who seemed to lay there peacefully completely unfazed.

"It all comes down to this I guess, " she paused choosing her words " this is your punishment for everything that you stole from me, I guess for everything you did to me I should wish that maybe something worse happened to you." She spat harshly her big eyes finally gleaming with satisfaction of seeing her in this condition.

"I can't believe that you have them all wrapped around your little finger even from this hospital bed, you have every tabloid writing about you, you have everyone tiptoed and worried...they should be writing about me, not you." She sighed glancing at the brunette in front of her "Nothing to say eh?" She smirked before continuing her rant.

"You know he never loved you, they are all just pitting you." She said calmly staring at her perfectly manicured nails toying with them. A smile spread on her face instantly as the heart monitoring machine that Avery was attached to started making loud beeping noises. The women watched the green line going from from up and scrunched to straight as Avery's breathing seemed to get heavier by the second, her heart racing in her chest.

"I don't even know why everyone is so worked up over you. You're not important, not worth , that's why he wasn't with you...you're nobody...just a low class bitch." Content to finish her rant the women turned on her heel graciously and left the room slamming the door shut as the machine that Avery was attached to beeped loudly.

***

The air in the cafeteria was filled cheerful chatter up into the early hours, people were passing around food and coffee trying to distract themselves from where they really were, which is a hospital. Tom stared at the people who went inside and out and wondered how they could be cheerful being at this place, he sat unwillingly supporting his head into his hands feeling the troubling headache prod deeply into his head. The headache and the guilt were slowly taking up the last piece of sanity he had left. He glanced over his friends grateful for having them in his life . Rupert was pushing a plate of food in front of him which he immediately pushed back "I don't want to eat!" He said in a low voice making Rupert to shake his head.

"You need to eat something mate!" He said sternly but food was the last thing on Tom's mind, he was sure that if he put something into his mouth he would have to run to the nearest trash can to empty the continent of his stomach. He felt sick to his stomach from the smell of medicine, pain and death that seemed to be the essence of the place, but most of all he felt sick with himself, he felt sick with his actions and the way he hurt the people he cared about the most.