2

I woke up the next morning to my cat Harpoon dancing on my back. He does this every morning, who need a alarm clock when you have a cat? I laid in bed until I was fully awake then got up to take a shower. I got dressed in my scrubs my usual outfit of choice. I clipped my hair back and placed my hospital badge on my shirt. Before I left, I placed a bowl of dry cat food on the floor for Harpoon.

When I got to the hospital, it was flooded with paparazzi and fans.

"Any word on Chris?"

"How is he doing?" Flashing lights a screaming fans crowded around me. I pushed my way through and made it out alive.

"Good morning Rachel." Doctor Evans smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Good morning, how about that audience outside?"

"Crazy, word got out fans poured on to social media, and paps flooded the streets." He signed looking through his reports.

"How was his first night?" I asked signing into the desktop.

"He slept most of the night. He woke up early feeling really nauseous and been sick ever since."

"Must be the side effects from the anesthetic." I printed out his report and clipped it to my clipboard.

"Are you sure there's nothing going on between you and Evans." Joey asked. Joey was my gay best friend his sass completes me.

"No, he's married!" I gasped walking toward Chris' room.

"Ok Doctor Evans, yes Doctor Evans." He mimicked me. "Oh yes Doctor Evans." He added in a sexual tone.

"Joey get back to work." Doctors Evans growled.

"Yes Doctor." He mumbled.

"Who's saying yes Doctor now!" I laughed.

When I walked into the room he was dozing off. I softly shut the door behind me and he immediately open his eyes.

"Good morning." I smiled walking over checking his heart rate.

"Morning." He yawned.

"I herd you has a rough start today?" I said with a little sympathy.

"Yeah but I feel a little better."

"Pain levels, 1-10" I asked pointing at the chart.

"Seven." He mumbled.

"You're a trooper. I would've said a ten, I know you're in a lot of pain."

"Ten(s) are for babies." He giggled.

"Are you calling me a baby Mr. Martin?"

"You said it not me." He added.

"Joey is coming in with you nausea medication, I have another patient to check on and I'll be back to check you're stitches."

"Sounds like a plan." He smiled closing his eyes.

"Joey he's ready for you." I shouted placing the clipboard with his log on the door. I walked over to the old mans room and open the door.

"Good morning Mr. Parker." I greeted him with a smile.

"Ah good morning Miss. Rachel." He smiled closing his newspaper.

"This is your final check up and you get to go home." I wrapped the blood pressure band on his arm and place the thermometer under his tongue. Doctor Evans walked in with Mr. Parkers granddaughter.

"Thank you so much, I thought I was going to loose him."

"He's one fighter but he's all clear now. He just has to come back once a month." Doctor Evans handed her his care instructions. I removed the thermometer and the band from his arm and tongue.

"Do you want me to stay and help you get him dressed and ready?" I asked cleaning up around the nightstand.

"Yes that would be great thank you." I helped him get dressed and guided him to the wheelchair.

"I can walk you know." He laughed.

"I know Mr. Parker but it's just for you're safety."

"Is that Chris Martin?" The girl spoke out pointing at the door.

"What the hell are you doing! You're bracket doesn't say risk of falling for no reason!" I yelled walking towards him.

"Rachel I'm right here, the rehabilitation center wants him to start moving around." Doctor Evans laughed.

"Yeah as in leg movements sitting on the edge of the bed not walking around."

"I'm still standing. Do you mind taking me back to my room I need to lay down." He said looking back at Doctor Evans.

I apologized to the Parkers and push him to the car.

"Goodbye Mr. Parker and stay out of trouble!" I laughed.

"Thank you for being my friend these past couple of months Rachel." He smiled and kissed my hand. I'm really gonna miss him. He was the cutest thing ever. Walking back into the building Doctor Evans grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room.

"What are you doing? You scared the shit out of me." I yelled pulling him off of me. He pulled me in and attacked my lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and fell into his kiss.

"Stop, its not fair, you go home to your wife and leave me here alone."

"Can it be the way it was?" He asked pulling me closer to his chest.

"I have a patient to take care of." I hissed and walked out of the room. I went to Chris's room and he was eating a watching TV.

"The people form the rehabilitation center will be here tomorrow to check on your progress. If they think you're ready you'll be moved to their center." I sighed pushing the food tray aside. "Are you wearing underwear?" I added.

"I think so, I didn't dress myself this morning." He laughed.

"I need to check your stitches, so I guess we'll find out right now." I quickly lifted his hospital gown and placed a towel on his manly parts.

"Rachel at least buy me dinner." He blushed.

"Shut up." I giggled cleaning around the stitches. "All clean, let me look at your face." I pulled the bed guards down and leaned into his arm.

"Have I gone mad?" He quoted Alice and wonderland.

"I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret all the best people are." I whispered looking into his eyes.