7

"Joey do you have the test ready for Mrs. Hill?" I asked as I printed out Mrs. Hill's log.

"Yeah it's on the cart ready to go." He said with his head buried under paperwork. I walked over to her room and pushed the cart to her bedside. I pulled out the needle and test tubes out. I warned her about the slight pinch and filled two test tubes with blood. I took off my gloves and gave her some Juice and crackers. I pushed the cart out of the room bringing it to the lab. I gave Lori the tubes with Mrs. Hill's log. Lori was in her mid 30s and had short black hair. She is in charge of all the tests.

"Ok I'm out bye boyfriend." I smiled at Joey.

"Bye girlfriend." He kissed my cheek.

On my way home I stopped by a pub to grabbed some takeout curry. When I got home harpoon was on the couch asleep. I kicked off my shoes and dropped my bags by the door. I walked over to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of wine, I walked back over to the couch sitting my glass and takeout on the coffee table. I turned on the TV and started to eat. The movie of choice was Country Strong. I loved that movie reminds me of home.  I was on my fourth glass of wine when I heard a knock on my door.

"I know I'm last person you wanna see right now but. I need you." It was Dr. Evans. He pulled me into his arms. He pressed his lips into mine causing me to drop the glass. He closed the front door and pushed me up against the wall. He slipped his hand under my short squeezing my hips.

"One last time?" I smirked. He nodded and walked me to my room. I crawled onto the bed leaning on my arms. He hovered of my body kissing my lips. He slipped his hands under my shirt again squeezing my hips. I pushed him on his back, crawling onto his lap. I took off my shirt along with my bra and kissed him so more. He took off his pants and shirt.

***

The rest of the night we just watched movies and talked. Like the way it was.

"I'm pretty tired. I think I'm gonna go off to bed." I yawned. "Are you staying the night?" I asked looking back at him.

"No I better head home. I can't leave Nicole with the kids all night." He smirked getting his coat. "I'll see you tomorrow. Surgery day for Mrs. Hill."

"Yeah that's right." I hissed rolling my eyes. He showed himself out and I went up to my room.

The next morning, I did my usual routine. I've never dreaded going to work but knowing that I'm going to see Paul and that stupid smile of his makes my stomach turn.

"Good morning girlfriend, ready for the surgery?" Joey grinned sitting behind the counter.

"Morning." I sat a box on my desk and started packing up my stuff.

"What are you doing?" Joey asked jumping up from his chair.

"I'm leaving. I'm going home. I'll save a beer for you Joe." I smiled. "Attention this is nurse Rachel. Dr. Evans you're going to have to find someone else to fuck with." I turned off the intercom and walked out the door.

"You can't do this."

"Yes I can. You think it's okay to have sex with someone and leave like it never happened. And about that your wife called she wants a divorce." I smiled and drove off. Damn that felt good.

A/N: thank you to everyone reading my story! This is for the ones who were reading the awful story of southern girl city lights. I rewrote that book and called it white demon love song. It's slightly different but, I like a whole lot better than southern girl.