8

*4 months later*

It's been about four months since I moved back home. At the moment I'm staying with Drew and the family, hopefully I'll have my own place. Soon. I haven't talk to Chris since we kissed that night. He hasn't tried contacting me so I guess that means he's not interested.

"Can you zip me up?" Britney asked walking in. She was wearing a navy blue gown. Tonight is the saints organization's Christmas party.

"This is absolutely gorgeous Brit. You're going to the best looking football wife there." I smiled.

"Maybe this time next year you'll be a football wife."

"No I don't think so. I like Kenny but I can't see myself settling down with him."

"You never know what the future has in store for you. You might change your mind." She smiled. "And get dress Drew should be back any minute now." She added walking out the door. I walked over to my closet and pulled out my black form fitting gown. I stepped into the dress and  put on my gold pumps.

When we got there I sat at the table with Britney and her friends. I didn't talk much just listened.

"Did you guys know that Coldplay is preforming tonight!" One of the lady's squealed.

"What?!" I nearly choked on my champagne.

"Yeah they'll be here." She smiled. Hopefully Chris won't notice me. After all I did cut my hair and I'm not in my scrubs.

"There she is." Drew yelled walking up to me.

"They want you to introduce the band, Kenny was talking about how he was your patient for a couple of weeks when he was injured."

"Ok I'll do it. Where's Kenny anyways?" I asked standing up. Drew pointed him out and I walked towards him.

"Are you ignoring me?" I smiled wrapping my arms around him.

"No I was actually looking for you. I need to talk to you." He smiled

"Rachel we need you in the back." A stage tech came and grabbed my arm.

"Tell me later." I yelled. The stage tech walked me back stage and directed me to the wings. While I was waiting for my call I saw Jonny nudge Chris and pointed me out. He looked my way and smiled. I'm surprised he remembers me. I'm not in scrubs and I chopped my hair off. It was time to introduce them. I walked on stage looking down at the ground. I lifted my head up once I got to the microphone.

"This next band has achieved global success in just a short amount of years. The only break they took was when their lead singer was injured due to a car accident. I got the pleasure of nursing him back to health. I'm gonna stop rambling now, here they are to preform some of their new songs Coldplay!" I walked back to Kenny as the entered the stage.

"Hello everybody! thank you for having us. I've been really enjoying this song were about to play, it's by Old Dominion." They started breakup with him and I nearly died. Chris started me down as he sang, Kenny held onto me as he talked to Sean and Jimmy. My heart was pounding.

"I need some air." I blurted out. I stormed past Britney and Drew and went straight through the doors. I leaned up against the wall and breathed in as much air I could.

"What's wrong Rach?" Drew asked walking towards me. He took off his coat and wrapped it around me.

"I'm not in love with Kenny. Ever since I kissed Chris he's all I can think about. I fell in love with Chris the first time he spoke to me. I wanted it to work out with Kenny but I'm just not feeling it."

"You know what mom told me when I first met Britney back in college?" He asked.

"What?"

"If she's the one, and you feel it in your gut. Go for her because she won't be there forever." He smiled. "And I know he covered that song for you. It's up to you now just follow your heart. And if you fall I'll always be here to catch you." He kissed my forehead and walked back in. I looked up at the stars and soaked up the silence.

"Hey." Kenny awkwardly spoke walking towards the wall.

"Kenny I'm sorr-"

"Go, I'll be fine, I don't want to keep you from your happiness." He sighed and gave me a hug.

"Thank you! For everything Ken." I kissed his cheek and ran back into the party. They were still on stage and Chris was talking to the audience. I went back stage and waited in his dressing room for him. 20 minutes later I heard his voice it grew louder as he came closer to the door.

"I'll meet you guys on the van." He shouted as he walked in.

"How's that hand?" I smiled walking towards him.

"Pain levels... Zero." He said looking down at his hand. "How's Kenny?" He added.

"Single." I smirked.

"Really!"

"Really." I leaned into him and kissed his lips. My heart is so happy.

"I'm going to get my stuff together and I'll meet you in the van."

"The van? Ooh sounds majestic." I laughed walking out the door.