Chapter 2: Kon'nichiwa!

I felt the terrifying shakes of the plane, unable to figure out the proper word for it. This meant I had finally made it to Kyoto!

"Please unfasten your seat belts, gather your things, and head out in an orderly fashion trough the main doorway." The stewardess directed. This seemed to be her first time on the job.

I'm finally here! I'm finally here!

...

The ride to my apartment was spectacular, the chauffeur that came to pick me up taught me about Kyoto and even helped me learn some basic Japanese. And yes, it was a very long ride from the airport to the apartment.

After thanking Ayaki (he introduced himself when he came to pick me up) and trying to insist on tipping him for bringing in the luggage, I was finally alone.

Plopping on the couch, I let out a huge sigh and smiled to myself.

Absolutely nothing could ruin my mood right now. I thought sleepily, but sleeping wasn't an option! Boxes of my things was sent to the apartment previously before my arrival, so unpacking was the first thing on my list!... Then laziness hit me like a ton of Legos.

...

Dum dum tss boom boom boom dum tss!

Loud drumming woke me from my gosh-only-knows-how-long nap and I let out a loud 'huff'. Slightly irritated by the drumming and mostly amused by the Japanese SpongeBob playing on the TV, I decided to get up and make some coffee. Checking my phone it read 8:45 pm (Kyoto time of course).

Who would be up drumming at this time? School starts tomorrow, shouldn't whoever it is be in the shower right now?

I walked upstairs trying not to trip in my panda slippers. Making it to the only door in a huge hallway, I tried to knock like a civilized neighbor would, but 5 minutes past and I was beating it down like the FBI. Finally the drumming stopped and I heard the locks on the door unlock.

Peeking through the crack in the doorway, a worried face popped through. When his eyes met mine he let out a quite girly yelp and jumped, hitting his head on the door.

"I got to remember not to watch so many horror movies," he laughed rubbing his head, "By the way, sorry if the drumming was too loud I didn't think you would be moving in today."

Wait, he knew I was moving in? I questioned myself, Did I post it online or something? I don't remember doing so. Reasons for how he knew of my arrival spun throughout my head, until a slight poke to the forehead brought me back to reality.

"You okay there? Long flights can do crazy things to people. I have some tea if that'll make you feel better." I looked at him slightly puzzled, but then I realized who he was. The super curly/wavy hair and the extremely cute dimples, I didn't know why it didn't click earlier.

"Oh, sorry. I'm okay, it's just I'm quite tired actually and..." I was so caught up in staring at him that I couldn't finish my reasons.

"Haha. Well, would you like some tea? Zaria, right?" I nodded my head, hoping that slight movement would rattle some sense into me.

"Um, how do you know about me moving here, along with my name?" He opened the door all of the way and leaned against the framing.

"I'm your buddy." My what?!

~~~~~~~~~~~