Chapter 18: Loving Luke

Luke's POV

After about 15 minutes since they called, Ash and Zaria were coming through the door. With one glance I noticed the bandage on Ash's arm and the small tears in Zaria's shirt. It looked like they went sprinting through a field of thorn bushes.

"We're home and safe" Zaria smiled to me, giving me a light pat on the cheek. I've noticed she does that often when she's being sincere.

"Good," I returned the smile, "So, what the hell happened to Ash?"

"I got shot dude!" Ashton puffed out his chest and gave Zaria and I a goofy grin.

"Don't mind him, he's on some serious pain killers right now. He didn't fully get shot, it just grazed his arm, but deep enough to hurt like crazy." Zaria took a hold of Ashton's good arm and lead him to the couch. "Luke, could you do me a favor, please?"

"Of course, what do you need?"

"I'm extremely tired and want to go on to bed. Do you think you can make sure that Ashton gets his bandage changed before he goes to bed tonight? If you have any problems, I don't mind helping."

"Don't worry about a thing, I've got it covered. You go and get some rest, okay? Call me if you need anything." She gave me a weak hug and yawned.

I didn't want to let her go, but I knew sooner or later I would have to. I pushed some stray hairs out of her sleepy face and pulled away.

"Go on, before I have to carry you to bed." I made her smile, and with that she said goodnight and left mine and Ash's apartment.

Everything seemed like a giant metaphor to me. Her leaving the apartment just made think about how she'll leave me for Ashton... And I know, she's not truly mine and I should stop being so selfish, but I just can't pretend like I don't care for her when in all reality, I do. I know Ashton, he may like her, but he knows that his past will always come back and tear them apart. It's happened before and it will surely happen again.

As close as I am with Ashton, I just can't get past the idea of him and Zaria getting together. It's not right, and it's not fair!

She's safer with me, and today proves it.

"Yo mate! Anyone home?" I heard a familiar voice call from outside the apartment door call out.

A/N

Okay okay, I knowwwww. Luke really got no love from anyone in the chapter except from me, because that's what I meant lol.

I hope you guys like that I'm incorporating Luke's POV into this, if you don't like it that much just lemme know in the comments and I'll keep to Ashton and Zaria.

I don't know how many times I can say this, but THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTING THIS FANFIC!

Even if it's barely reaching 30 reads per chapter, I appreciate everyone who is reading it thoroughly.

WHALE, love ya bunches! I'm off to play my otome game(s) and hit the hay all the while being upset over an anime ending... Hmph! GOOD NIGHT LOVES!