Chapter 17: 1 + 1 = 2

Zaria's POV

Well, yesterday was... something. After I took Ashton to the hospital and found out that the bullet only grazed his arm, the police was contacted and everyone in that gang, cult thing was arrested. Once reports were made and locations were given, we found out that we were not the only ones that found out about that "temple" in the bamboo forest.

To say the least, Ashton's "friend" was just bait to bring in more celebrities. The whole wanting to be famous and is actually really talented, works on very famous people.

During the ride back to the apartment, not a word was said. The still panicked breathing was all I could hear. The air just felt... awkward. I'm not sure if that's just me being completely awkward or if Ashton was feeling the same way. I'm quite the observer, and I'm not even sure how to put it, but before I took Ashton to the hospital he asked to "take a moment" with him and he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I've really never been in a life or death situation and maybe that was just his way of being grateful for our survival, but it really struck a cord with me.

You know those songs that just move you emotionally? Like a romantic song, and it just clicks with you? That's how I felt. I felt something shift. I felt different once Ashton let me go. I don't know, maybe it's left over panic attack that's screwing with me. I shouldn't think too much into it.

Ashton's POV

WHAT THE HELL?!

WHAT

THE

ACTUAL

HELL?!

I freaking kissed her! Well, not the on the lips kiss, but I STILL FREAKING KISSED HER!

We're already heading home and I just... UGH! I feel like those fangirls who show up at our meet and greets, I just can't form words.

I just hope she isn't upset that I did something like that, without her consent.

But it was just a forehead kiss, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal... right?

I don't know and I'm freaking out.

I can't be doing this when I'm about to go on tour. The guys and I swore that we wouldn't form new relationships right before a tour, because not only would it be difficult for us, it would hurt who we dated.

But she doesn't like me like that.

And I don't like her like that..

Luke's POV (IK exciting right?)

It's been HOURS! I've called! I've texted! AND NOTHING!

Ashton said he was surprising Zaria and taking her to the bamboo forest thing, but getting there only takes about 30 minutes, and I've looked online and it said tours last for a max of 1 hour and (sometimes) 30 minutes. I can get if they went to get something to eat, but she should've.. I mean, they should've been back at the apartments HOURS ago.

BUZZ BUZZ

"Hello?"

"Hey mate, it's Ash-"

"DON'T YOU HEY MATE ME, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU TWO? AND WHO'S PHONE ARE YOU USING TO CALL ME?!"

"Luke, chill, we got caught up in something," I couldn't help but to flinch at his words, "I'll have to explain everything when we get back. Our phones died, so we pulled over to use some noodle shop's phone and let you know we're alive and on our way back."

"Give me the phone, you're bad at this I swear." I heard Zaria's voice in the background.

"Hey Luke, it's Zaria." She sounded so out of breath and tired, "Sorry about Ash being so vague. We were in a bad mix, but we're safe and only Ash came out with a scratch. I'm sorry we didn't call you sooner, but everything got so hectic."

"Are you okay, though? Do you need me to do anything for you?" My voice cracked with worry.

"Just keep your ringer on high and your phone charged and with you until we get home, please. If anything else happens, I promise to call you, but right now we are headed towards you."

"Excuse me, miss. We need the phone now." An old Japanese lady spoke in the background.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. Gotta go, Luke. We'll be safe, I promise. See you soon." And with that she hung up.

A/N

HERRO! I kind like this chapter, for once. IK IK I left it at a slight cliffhanger, but I'm going to continue on with a NEW idea which I will include in the next chapter.

Drop your guesses on what this new thing is, down in the comments and maybe those who guess it correctly will get a shout out in an upcoming chapter ;)

Love you all!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!