Chapter 11: Cliff Hanger

A/N I've been editing since the first chapter and my eyes are soooo tireeeeddddd!!! ;-;

Ashton's POV

I don't know what I'm doing here, why I'm practicing something I've known and perfected for months. Yet, I sit here on the stool drumming away to Amnesia ignoring the pain in my hands from not using tape. I quickly packed my things the other day and headed over here without a thought of my true reasons. What was I so upset over? Zaria isn't tied to any relationship to me nor do I believe she'd ever consider it, but Luke should have never kissed her. She was too out of it to even remember it.

I lean down to grab my phone from my drum case and see that there's at least five different messages from her. She's worried that she's done something wrong. Ugh, I'm not even mad at her, it's him I'm mad at. Again, he had no right to do that without her coherent consent, but I don't feel right enough to fix anything now.

Buzz Buzz

Luke... Maybe.. Maybe I should handle this.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. Ash, it's me Zaria." My breath caught when her voice came over the other end, I was ready to yell at Luke but now how do I approach this?

"He-" Shoot! Stupid phone! I looked at the now black screen and tried pressing the power button to turn it back on, but it wouldn't even flash a low battery image at me.

She's going to think I hung up on her! I can't have her thinking I'm angry with her, this isn't her fault. Yet, on the other hand I can't go see her without seeing Luke, that prick. Why did I have to go and make things complicated? I should've just talked to Luke about the kiss and lectured him on how it was wrong and inappropriate. Then I should've made sure that she was okay, they're both my friends and I could have actually acted like a good one.

ZARIA'S POV

"What did he say?" Luke asked while driving.

"He didn't, he just hung up the phone." I gave a sigh of defeat and put Luke's phone in the cup holder. Maybe this isn't such a good idea, this will probably make him more angry than before, "We should go back..."

"What? Why? You were so hell bent on going and now you're changing your mind?"

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea." I twisted the sleeve of my jacket, "He probably just needs time to think this over."

"Zaria you can't second guess yourself."

"Well, my first decision was a little rushed and emotional, so my second is more rationalized." Luke sighed and kept his eyes fixed on the road.

"We're still going, if you don't want to talk you can stay in the car, but I'm going to fix this. Not just for me, not just for you, but for him. He's an amazing friend and I'm not about to lose him over my stupidity."

The drive was longer than expected, but we were able to make it before it got too late. Walking in, I realized how nice the studio was and kept in mind of not touching anything so not to break something expensive. Luke guided me to the studio door and stopped.

"Want me to go in first?" Luke asked, wiping his hands on his black skinny jeans.

"Please." I replied almost in a whisper that I wasn't even sure if I said it at all.

As Luke walked in I stood in the hall waiting patiently and nervously. My blood was pumping fast that I thought I may have a heart attack. This was the first time ever I've had to handle a situation like this, and what's worse is that he's famous, he's gorgeous, and he's kind. This anger could easily make him bitter, and that's something I wasn't going to let happen to him.

I put my ear to the door and heard them talking, but nothing I could fully make out. They didn't seem to be yelling, so this could be a great sign. At least five minutes had past and my nerves couldn't take it anymore so I went inside.