Chapter 20: Another Day

Zaria's POV

It's been days.

No...

It's been a week.

Luke has fallen off the face of the earth. He won't respond to texts or calls. He hasn't been in the apartment or practicing in the studio. He's completely disappeared.

Ashton's POV

I don't think I can tell her yet. I don't know how she will see me if she finds out. Will I be a monster in her eyes? Will I be a saint? He's dead to me now. The thought of it is suffocating, I don't know what to do anymore.

Zaria's POV

I called Luke again. No answer.

What was I expecting?

I tried talking to Ash about it, but he has no clue either. It's starting to really worry, I hope Luke is okay. I haven't seen him since Ash and I came back from the bamboo forest. 

A part of me feels like I'm being ignored, that I've done something wrong to upset him.

The other part of me just feels worried that he's hurt.

Why did he leave so suddenly? Their friend Michael just arrived this week, I would assume that Luke would stay for him at least. Ash told me that they haven't seen each other for a really long time ever since the move to Japan. Not sure how long is really long, but I can imagine it must have still been difficult since they are apparently like family.

Luke

I hope you're okay.

Author's Note

It's a quick little transition piece today. I'm a little stressed with filling out local scholarships, job applications, and figuring out what to write for my speech and scholarship essay. 

This chapter is mostly for building some suspense and helping me getting back into the swing of things. I reallllllllllllly want to get into some juicy parts and start wrapping it up. I'm unnaturally excited to start on this other fanfiction I have in mind, so please look forward to it.

Since it's been 2 years since I've updated, I can tell the views have dropped sooo much ;-; so I don't even know if people are still interested in this. A part of me just wants to write one big chapter and end the whole story or just simply delete it.

Well, I'm going to throw around some ideas and hopefully, in a couple of hours, I'll have another chapter with something ACTUALLY interesting in it.