1. Biting the Hand That Feeds On You

My demigod life was getting weirder.

If I thought saving the world two times from monsters, titans and Earth goddesses was weird, then I was wrong.

This was 100 times weirder.

Hi. I'm Percy Jackson. The son of Poseidon, Greek god of the sea, and my life was about to change forever (again).

***

It all started when I walked out of my mom's apartment. I was heading towards New York City

I was suppose to meet my girlfriend Annabeth at a cafe that we both liked. I guess you could call it a date.

While I entered New York City, I walked by an alleyway. As I walked by the alleyway, something red caught my eye. I stopped and turned toward the alley.

I jerked my head side to side hoping that this wasn't some trick that my ADHD fell for.

When I got closer to the red object, I realized that it was some suit. It was red and blue.

Is this some Fourth of July thing? I asked to myself. It couldn't have been because it was spring. Maybe the Fourth of July was now the Fourth of April.

On the suit, sat a note. I picked it up and tried to read it:

Dear Finder,
What is under this letter is something important and life changing. It changed my life. But with this suit comes a great responsibility. A responsibility to help. This suit also comes with power. You can never let that power overcome you. It overcame me. Don't make the same mistakes I did.
Sincerely, Parker

When I finished the letter, which took atleast 10 minutes to read (Stupid dyslexia), I saw this black spot crawling up the paper.

I didn't have time to recover when it went on my hand and bit me.

"OW" I screamed in pain and threw the now-dead spider onto the dirty ground under me.

I held my hand as a red lump started to swell on my hand. It looked like a pimple. Being a teenager, pimples were one of my worst nightmares.

Suddenly, images started to flash inside my head. I saw a teenage boy get bitten by a spider, just like me. I saw him in the red and blue suit jumping from building to building holding webs. I saw him fighting a green creature on a glider and him fighting a man with octopus arms.

But the worst part of it was a hideous black suited figure jump at me before I blacked out.