16. The Big Bang Theory Makes Sense Now

"5 MINUTES AND COUNTING. BETTER HURRY UP WITH THAT BOMB."

I wondered how big the bomb blast could be. Everyone in the camp would die if I didn't stop it.

That just made me more determined.

I clenched my fists and glared out Venom in an angry way, then I was swinging through the air, trying to find the fastest way to Zeus' Fist.

***

The bomb was hidden behind Zues' fist, covered in leaves.

It was about the size of a car tire.

How Venom got it? I had no clue. Judging by the big size, he didn't get it easy. It looked like it could destroy the whole state of New York. Maybe that was what Venom was aiming for...

I stared at the outside. Black with a screen that read, 4:10... 4:09... 4:08... 4:07

I was running out of time.

Picking up the bomb before I got my Spidey powers would've killed me but with my Spidey powers, picking up the bomb wasn't so hard. Yes, it was hurting my back and still was a little heavy but it didn't fall back to the ground and crush my feet when I picked it up.

I couldn't swing with the bomb so I had to go the old fashion way.

Running.

I realized that running with a bomb stunk in the first 10 seconds.

It felt like a huge elephant was taking a nap on my back. My legs felt sluggish and my arms felt like overcooked noodles.

As I was running, I tripped on a fallen branch and tumbled to the ground, the bomb escaping from my grasp.

I lied there. I wanted to stay and fall asleep but I knew I couldn't. Many innocent people could die.

I forced myself to get up and get moving. The bomb seemed to feel lighter in my arms as my confidence grew.

I ignored the elephant on my back and charged, yelling as I ran.

Before I could find a way to deactive the bomb, an idea formed in my head. I headed straight to Venom.

As I got nearer, Venom's black form got bigger and bigger.

Venom turned around and looked at me in surprise before he got hit with the bomb and surprisingly sticked there as I made my way to the next destination. The lake.

I ran by the cabins, capturing the attention of most of the campers. It looked like Chiron was discussing ways to defeat Venom to the demigods. Chiron was back in human form, in his wheel chair, his legs bandaged

I kept looking forward. Venom was trying to find a way to un-stick himself from the bomb but it was no use. The force kept him attached.

In a few moments, my feet touched the warm sand, the glistening, green water in my sight.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Venom screeched. "YOU REALIZE THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY KILL YOURSELF?"

"Yeah. But it also means you dying."

Venom's face showed terror. I smiled as we plunged underwater.

I used my legs too get me deeper and far away from the camp.

The timer in the bomb now read, :45. 45 seconds until the bomb went off.

I looked behind me. The beach was far behind now. All I had to do was get to the ocean floor.

When I got to the floor, I gently placed the bomb on the wet sand. Venom again struggled to get off.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS" Venom said.

"Those were the same words I said to you."

The bomb now read :10.

I swam upward, trying to get as far away as the bomb and Venom.

5 seconds. 4 seconds. 3 seconds. 2 seconds...

1 second.

The last thing I heard was the loud, ear-piercing scream from Venom and the sound of the bomb going off as a huge wave-cloud of water swallowed me up and I blacked out.